PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst hand you've ever seen? (LC)

benkath1
08-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't know WTF I was thinking, but I need to be flamed and flamed hard. After I played this hand I threw up in my mouth a lot. I was actually lost and thinking I had implied odds if my set came in. I'm sitting right here at my computer, if someone wants to come by and hit my across the head with a hammer.

The only read I had was on MP3 who was 25/12/1.5.

You can make mistakes and win money, but it sure makes it hard. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

08-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Haha, that was pretty bad. You called 2 bets you shouldn't have on the flop, and one on the turn. If only I could play at a table full of people who did that, I'd be a rich man.

(was that a good enough flame?)

numeri
08-20-2005, 12:54 PM
I can see making a loose call on the flop with implied odds for your set - but not with the PFR yet to act! And no way you make up 10 BB on the river. Fold.

But you already know that.

08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
please come and play at my table, my bankroll has been suffering lately and i think a player like you is just what i need /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sightless
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
did you win?

benkath1
08-20-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think?

bozlax
08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I've seen worse. Hell, I've PLAYED worse. Of course, I was really drunk...were you really drunk?

Say it with me, everyone: "Small and mid pocket pairs are usually played for set value. When overcards flop and people come to life you have to put them down, unless you're getting unbelievable odds to continue."

sLAG preflop raiser, playing to your left, you're bet into on this flop from the right, so realistically you're at best getting around 8:1 to make the first call (depending on how many stay in, of course, and hoping that UTG doesn't 3-bet)...ugh.

bozlax
08-20-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think UTG had KQ for the straight, but MP3 won with AAJ in the hole (he just smells like a cheater to me).

KCheng
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha /images/graemlins/smile.gif...Yes? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

benkath1
08-20-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen worse. Hell, I've PLAYED worse. Of course, I was really drunk...were you really drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but tonight I'll have an excuse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Say it with me, everyone: "Small and mid pocket pairs are usually played for set value. When overcards flop and people come to life you have to put them down, unless you're getting unbelievable odds to continue."

[/ QUOTE ]

Kum-Ba-Yah

livinitup0
08-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I posted something like this a few weeks ago. Havent made the mistake since. Thanks for the bruises.

shadow29
08-20-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Say it with me, everyone: "Small and mid pocket pairs are usually played for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

When overcards flop and people come to life you have to put them down, unless you're getting unbelievable odds to continue."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

bozlax
08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Say it with me, everyone: "Small and mid pocket pairs are usually played for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't even give me "usually"?

shadow29
08-20-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't even give me "usually"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually is reserved for people that have a clue.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-20-2005, 07:16 PM
I came up with a better flame.

You ridiculous calling station! You're an embarassment to the 2+2 forums! Go stand in the corner and hang your head in shame.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif