PDA

View Full Version : People who say that they can crush the 11.22.33 for a bluezillion.....

USCSigma1097
08-20-2005, 12:36 PM
You know what...

This post is related to something that 45suited said in an earlier response post.

I'm getting pretty sick of people who say that they can beat the 11 through 33's for stupid amounts of money. Many people say oh I can beat the 22 and 33's eight tabling for 40 percent ROI.

If you can beat the 22's for forty percent, and if you eight table in sets, that's roughly seventy dollars per hour. If you play eight hours a day, five days a week...that's 2800 dollars a week before rakeback. With two weeks of vacation a year, that's still well over 150,000 dollars a year.

If you can accomplish the same feat at the thirty three's, that's 210,000 dollars a year, BEFORE RAKEBACK.

Now I know that there are some extremely talented poker players on this forum, and I'm quite sure that some of the best SNG players in the world post here. However, when I see posters here who I know aren't nearly as good as they say they are posting that they can "CRUSH" the lower limits at the rates they say they do, I wonder how many of them are making 200,000 a year playing at the higher levels.

If you guys are making that much scratch, congratulations. That is an amazing accomplishment. For those of you who aren't making that much however, shut the hell up about how you can maintain a 35 or 40 percent ROI eight tabling the 33's. Either shut up or show me a check for 200,000 dollars that you've made in the last year.

The players at the lower limits are obviously not as talented as though is the higher limits. But please, let's not make ridiculous claims. It's frustating for those of us still grinding it out.

Yours in Poker,
Sigma

PS. If anyone can show me a 200,000 check for the lower limits, I think you should probably move up next year.

axeshigh
08-20-2005, 12:40 PM
In response to your post, as a poster on this forum I would like to advise you of the following:

[X] Read the FAQ
[ ] Use the Search Function
[X] It's Just Variance
[X] Your Sample Size is Too Small
[X] This is a Bad Beat Post!
[X] You Might Suck
[X] Party is Rigged
[ ] Pwn3d!
[ ] Push
[ ] Fold Preflop

USCSigma1097
08-20-2005, 12:44 PM
What are you talking about...None of the things you said are applicable.

If you are going to flame me, it's much better to personalize it. It's more enjoyable for the rest of the trolls like yourself who don't contribute anything to the forum but a bunch of bullshit.

Sigma

Myst
08-20-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about...None of the things you said are applicable.

If you are going to flame me, it's much better to personalize it. It's more enjoyable for the rest of the trolls like yourself who don't contribute anything to the forum but a bunch of bullshit.

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I agree with your sentiment, I think you need to stop comparing your own game to other people. Obviously the people who say they beat the 10s, 20s for 35% ROI do not, and just feel the need to brag.

Let your ego go. Concentrate on your own game. Who cares if others are living in their own delusional fantasy. In the end, its your bankroll, your bottom line, that should matter in the end.

gildwulf
08-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't think anyone is bragging about a 40% ROI 8-tabling the 33s...

In response to your post, a lot of people are "crushing" the 20s and 30s. Who went and decided that you needed to have a 35% ROI instead of a 25% ROI to crush a game...beating a game is beating a game. If you play hockey and beat a team 3-1 or beat them 10-1 you still beat the living sh*t out of them.

I'm at a much more modest 23-25% ROI at these levels and I feel like I'm "crushing" them.

But I agree that brag posts are annoying.

axeshigh
08-20-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bunch of bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to describe your post pretty well. I was not aware that 'many people' claim to be worldbeaters at 40% ROI 8-tabling the low limits. Maybe you could find 5 of them and offer reasonable evidence that they are full of it.

USCSigma1097
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
You are right Myst.

I have a problem where every time somebody says "I'm the baddest sonofabitch ever" I feel the need to call them out on it.

My ego is back in check...I can not beat the 22's for 35 percent so I must suck.

Sigma

eastbay
08-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Your post isn't exactly a poster child for forum contribution, either.

eastbay

USCSigma1097
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Eastbay,

I just notified Citanul of my post. Hopefully he will come and delete it soon.

Sigma

citanul
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
a) Please find me an example of any single person who has ever said they can beat the 22 and 33s 8 tabling for 40% ROI.

b) If you can beat game x for y dollars an hour and play z tables at a time that does not mean that you make y*z*40*50 dollars a year. To assume so is just pattently stupid. People take time off. Just because someone can make $150k/yr does not mean they choose to. The marginal of money for many people past a certain point is not worth the sacrifice of leisure time of different types. Also, someone might be able to acheive something but not be able to do it 8 hours a day 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year. There are mental fatigue considerations.

But mostly, try to do (a) above for me. I'll be surprised if you can.

In response to your response to the person who gave you a trite response and you called a troll, you should be web-savvy enough to realize that your post is the classic troll post. It's something of no content whatsoever that is meant to incite something as close to a flame war as possible.

So yeah, please do (a) above, and then consider (b) above before making either ridiculous claims or assumptions about the number of hours people are playing.

Additionally, there are a variety of reasons that even if someone could attain 35-40% ROI at the 30s say, they would play the 100s or 200s and make less money. Not saying that I necessarilly agree with them, but there are a variety of (good) reasons.

So your line of "Either shut up or show me a check for 200,000 dollars that you've made in the last year," is, as you can see, just really, really dumb.

Finally, if you come upon a post where someoen makes claims such as the ones you have said that several if not many people have made about their own success, you could instead of starting a new thread to flame them, flame them in their own thread, and demand proof or satisfaction or whatever it is you are after from specific posters instead of posting a large ridiculous rant.

citanul

[ QUOTE ]
You know what...

This post is related to something that 45suited said in an earlier response post.

I'm getting pretty sick of people who say that they can beat the 11 through 33's for stupid amounts of money. Many people say oh I can beat the 22 and 33's eight tabling for 40 percent ROI.

If you can beat the 22's for forty percent, and if you eight table in sets, that's roughly seventy dollars per hour. If you play eight hours a day, five days a week...that's 2800 dollars a week before rakeback. With two weeks of vacation a year, that's still well over 150,000 dollars a year.

If you can accomplish the same feat at the thirty three's, that's 210,000 dollars a year, BEFORE RAKEBACK.

Now I know that there are some extremely talented poker players on this forum, and I'm quite sure that some of the best SNG players in the world post here. However, when I see posters here who I know aren't nearly as good as they say they are posting that they can "CRUSH" the lower limits at the rates they say they do, I wonder how many of them are making 200,000 a year playing at the higher levels.

If you guys are making that much scratch, congratulations. That is an amazing accomplishment. For those of you who aren't making that much however, shut the hell up about how you can maintain a 35 or 40 percent ROI eight tabling the 33's. Either shut up or show me a check for 200,000 dollars that you've made in the last year.

The players at the lower limits are obviously not as talented as though is the higher limits. But please, let's not make ridiculous claims. It's frustating for those of us still grinding it out.

Yours in Poker,
Sigma

PS. If anyone can show me a 200,000 check for the lower limits, I think you should probably move up next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
08-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Bah, you did this while I was typing my response, and I haven't received it yet.

citanul

axeshigh
08-20-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your post isn't exactly a poster child for forum contribution, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, now that I think about it, all these people making ridiculous claims about having 40% ROI are quickly bringing this forum down. They must be kept in check, hunted down, and called idiotic names.

Freudian
08-20-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't think anyone can have 40% ROI over the long run at any level. Downswings are inevitable and they really take a huge bite out of these extreme ROIs.