PDA

View Full Version : AQ donkfest.

adsman
08-20-2005, 12:18 PM
hadn't been on the tabke very long but all my opponents had one thing in common - they were really bad. I made four new buddies off this lot. Anyone disagree with any of the streets?

ads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (17.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Dave G.
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Either cap the flop or raise the turn, unless the BB is some sort of uber rock. I'd lean towards raising a non /images/graemlins/club.gif turn.

Edit: Actually, I change my mind. Call the river, go for overcalls. There's no reason to raise. Nobody is folding a better hand on the river anyway (except AK MAYBE but I don't think you're up against AK here, and I don't think they'll fold anyway). You might as well give worse hands a chance to call since you beat just about everything except a T.

BatsShadow
08-20-2005, 12:23 PM
The river action is borked by the converter, so I'm not sure what happened.

I don't think I like a river raise though.

numeri
08-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I don't see why not to raise the turn.

Another question: Do you fold to a 3-bet on the river?

08-20-2005, 12:28 PM
By the river, I'm guessing that BB stopped betting when he missed his flush draw. I would have just called MP3's river bet, though, as I'd be expecting he just made a set of tens.

Everyone else is probably just your typical microlimit player, calling their way to the river with low pair or nothing.

adsman
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either cap the flop or raise the turn, unless the BB is some sort of uber rock. I'd lean towards raising a non /images/graemlins/club.gif turn.

Edit: Actually, I change my mind. Call the river, go for overcalls. There's no reason to raise. Nobody is folding a better hand on the river anyway (except AK MAYBE but I don't think you're up against AK here, and I don't think they'll fold anyway). You might as well give worse hands a chance to call since you beat just about everything except a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was raising for value.

Vote4Pedro
08-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Happy Birthday!!!1!eleven!!

adsman
08-21-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday!!!1!eleven!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even see that. A little cake with candles .... wish they gave you a book instead. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

J. Stew
08-21-2005, 02:14 PM
I kinda like the river raise. I didn't at first but if the players are bad enough to call two on the river with marginal holdings then a raise is better +ev than just a call I think.

Roadstar
08-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Specifically because the players are bad, I would raise the turn as you're most likely still ahead. With a T on the river, its perfectly conceivable that MP3 was calling with mid pair all the way down and now hit trips. Even if he didn't, the overcalls should compensate for the missed value bet IMHO.

aK13
08-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Happy Birthday.

I don't know if I like the river raise. I'd prefer going for overcalls typically, since a 3bet mean's youre screwed, and it's not unlikely that somebody had a T on the flop. However, looks like you got a decent number of callers on the river for 2 cold anyway.

Dave G.
08-21-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was raising for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the time you'd have gotten more value, as I say, by allowing people with worse hands to call more easily. The fact that you got a couple of cold callers anyway was lucky for you, but most of the time you're better off letting them call one rather than face them with two with so many left to act. If your relative position to the river bettor was better, you could raise on the end and trap everyone, but raising with the bettor to your left is likely just to get everyone to fold.

Happy birthday by the way. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif