PDA

View Full Version : Wallet stolen

STLantny
08-20-2005, 12:17 PM
I was at a gettogether last night, and I either lost my wallet or it was stolen. It was a small party, and I knew everyone there really well except for 3 people, 1 I knew well enough to assume he didnt steal it, 1 was that guys girlfriend, and 1 was this guy that was a friend of a friend, that I realized later no one really knew. After we scoured the apartment for the wallet and we all assumed it was stolen, I had to drive around the city waking people/breaking into their houses to get this guys address. Finally, I get it, and we go to his house at 5 am, and wake him out of bed, of course he denies taking it etc. I had about 100$ in it, and my credit cards (which are now cancelled), so its not a big deal, but I want to pay this fucko back. How do you suggest I get to the bottom of this, and what to do to the culprit.

touchfaith
08-20-2005, 12:19 PM
pffff, $100 my ass. There was 3 bucks and a broken condom.

Just tell me where to send it back to.

Freakin' waste of my time.

Brainwalter
08-20-2005, 12:19 PM
how'd he get it out of your pocket?

chesspain
08-20-2005, 12:21 PM
How can you be so certain that you didn't lose the wallet before you got to the party?

Furthermore, how would someone have stolen it from you at the party? I mean, are you accusing this guy of picking your pocket?

STLantny
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Its not a normal wallet, its a credit card holder/ money clip, so I didnt have it in my pocket, I had it sitting next to my cell phone and my keys, well within view, but I didnt really pay attention to it/went to the bathroom. I really had no reason, or so I thought, to worry about it being stolen.

PS, I know it was at the party, because I took one of my business cards out of it, and wrote on teh back, and gave it to someone. But that of course was my first thought.

chesspain
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was at a gettogether last night...

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me a minute to realize that he wasn't referring to a party in a black neighborhood.

RunDownHouse
08-20-2005, 12:24 PM
It sucks to have to deal with cancelling the cards and all... but if you didn't deserve this, at least you shouldn't be surprised it happened.

MrTrik
08-20-2005, 12:25 PM
You left your credit cards and cash on a table at a party in plain view? Wow.

jakethebake
08-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Well that sounds like pretty conclusive evidence. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was at a gettogether last night, and I either lost my wallet or it was stolen. It was a small party, and I knew everyone there really well except for 3 people, 1 I knew well enough to assume he didnt steal it, 1 was that guys girlfriend, and 1 was this guy that was a friend of a friend, that I realized later no one really knew. After we scoured the apartment for the wallet and we all assumed it was stolen, I had to drive around the city waking people/breaking into their houses to get this guys address. Finally, I get it, and we go to his house at 5 am, and wake him out of bed, of course he denies taking it etc. I had about 100$ in it, and my credit cards (which are now cancelled), so its not a big deal, but I want to pay this fucko back. How do you suggest I get to the bottom of this, and what to do to the culprit.

[/ QUOTE ]

STLantny
08-20-2005, 12:27 PM
It wasnt really a "party" party, it was 7-8 people, at a house sitting around drinking.

cdxx
08-20-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You left your credit cards and cash on a table at a party in plain view? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

p.s. "ghettogether"... hehe, i'll have to remember that one.

STLantny
08-20-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well that sounds like pretty conclusive evidence. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I assume so too, now, what to do about it? I would hate to throw a brick throught the kid's windsheild and turns out my wallet go accidently thrown away. Giving this evidence, and the fact that it only happened abotu 6 hours ago, where would you approach things from there. I was thinking of going back to my friends house, having one more good walk through of hte joint to look for it, then if I dont find it, basically sit outside the guys house till he leaves, and do a little investigating on my own.

MrTrik
08-20-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt really a "party" party, it was 7-8 people, at a house sitting around drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I did that my friends would have found an ingenious place to hide it to teach me a good lesson.

chesspain
08-20-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...if I dont find it, basically sit outside the guys house till he leaves, and do a little investigating on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fast forward eight hours:

"Ah, mom...I'm in jail...well, no, I didn't have any I.D...ah, I don't have any money on me either..."

touchfaith
08-20-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...if I dont find it, basically sit outside the guys house till he leaves, and do a little investigating on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fast forward eight hours:

"Ah, mom...I'm in jail...well, no, I didn't have any I.D...ah, I don't have any money on me either...ummmm, and my butt is sore"

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar
08-20-2005, 12:37 PM
since there is nothing you can do, and you have no proof. your only play is to move on, and take better care of your wallett in the future.