PDA

View Full Version : Try Arnett for treason, senator says ? i really dont get it

brad
04-02-2003, 08:57 PM
http://enquirer.com/editions/2003/04/02/loc_rail.bunning02.html

----------------
WASHINGTON - Correspondent Peter Arnett should be "tried as a traitor" for remarks he made in an interview with Iraqi state television, Sen. Jim Bunning, R-Ky., said Tuesday.

Arnett, a New Zealand native and naturalized U.S. citizen, said in the Sunday interview that Washington's "first war plan has just failed because of Iraqi resistance. ... Clearly, the American war planners misjudged the determination of the Iraqi forces."
--------------------

i really dont get it. somebody explain it. during vietnam were people calling for trying people like jane fonda as a traitor? (btw she called gi's criminals and said she applauded n.v. killing them and she helped them so i think shes like million times worse.)

the reason i dont get it is that arnett basically just repeated what the administration said (before war started , administration said, hey, iraqis are waiting to be liberated, once we start shooting, theyll fall all over themselves to surrender. remember that? ). how can arnett be a traitor for repeating what US policymakers said?

on a related note, anyone who saw it, did arnett say something like , you know, the US limited war isnt working, it looks like they may use (criminal?) mass bombing now. if he did i would think that would scare the crap out of the iraqis.

having said that, i think if he basically cheered the iraqis and said hey, be brave, take heart, you can win this, keep fighting, youve got the US on the run, etc., then i can see where a case for treason can be made, but to be honest i dont see where that happened, if anyone does see it please respond.

andyfox
04-02-2003, 09:00 PM
"during vietnam were people calling for trying people like jane fonda as a traitor?"

Yes.

I think Bunning is probably still upset over Gene Mauch's managing at the end of the 1964 season.

Jimbo
04-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Well Brad, it was either you or Peter Arnett. Do you wish to volunteer to take his place?

Parmenides
04-02-2003, 10:11 PM
You obviously hate the Constitution.You are anti-American. True Americans believe in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and most importantly the 1st amendment.
Your freedom hating hypocritical kind will not hold sway indefinitely in America.

brad
04-02-2003, 10:13 PM
im busy shooting when youre driving some posters or something.

Jimbo
04-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Parmenides you sure are a feisty little rascal. Don't you have a protest to attend or something?

Jimbo
04-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Brad I explained the aparrent oversight of leaving you out of my hypothetical suicide ride in a post in that thread.