PDA

View Full Version : Chitown session #1 Trip report

12-21-2001, 03:25 PM
Went to Harrah's last night with a friend. Sat in the 4-8 half kill game on te 11PM cruise.

Started well with A5o in my cutoff post. I raised and the blinds folded on a kill pot. Up $8! Woohoo.

Caught a couple of sets and won a few nice pots. A friend with no clue about holdem called my AQs preflop raise with A2o, called the flop of KQx and caught 2 running 2's to snap me off in a huge pot with 6 callers on the turn. Ugh.

The players in this game were horrible. I think I happened to catch a good table but there was only one old lady with a clue.

There was one guy who vocalized his bet amount whenever he had a big hand, but silently bet when he had something marginal (less than top pair).

Best hand of the night for me: I had just beaten AA with a set of 8's. A few hands later a guy open raises and says "lets see he can win with 8's again" I call in the SB with.....EIGHTS. Flop is 667, I checkraise, he calls. Turn is a 7. I bet, he thinks for like 2 mins, then flashes queens and mucks. He asks to see my cards and I tell him for a dollar I'll show. I then mucked and took the pot. Pocket eight goot.

Up $306 for a 4.5 hour 4-8 session. Not bad especially considering the heinous rake of 10% to $6. How does anyone beat this game? Oh, right, some people in the game have some wonderful tells.

Should be out there tonight. No sight of NF, Kevin or SPM last night. I'll bring my UofI hat again.

Clarky

12-21-2001, 05:13 PM

12-21-2001, 05:14 PM
you need to go to Hollywood in Aurora to see the infamous SPM or Kevin. Good luck. the 10-20 game is very good!!!

12-21-2001, 05:26 PM
Just got a call from my wife. She got a package at work and apparently my parents sent Lou Malnati's to the High Desert for X-Mas.

Sometimes you are thinking of a plate of shrimp...

12-22-2001, 01:19 AM
Harrah's 4/8 half kill Holdem.

The rake is 10% to max. $5.00, with $1.00 drop, for "jackpot". The game is unbeatable, long-term.

I guess it's o.k. for purposes of entertainment.

I fail to understand how so many players, who post here, have neglected to mention the additional handicap, of playing in a joint, which closes. The fact of a poker room closing daily, puts your entire effort in a different light, if you play many hours, per month.

12-22-2001, 01:17 PM
The rake is 10% to max. $5.00, with $1.00 drop, for "jackpot". The game is unbeatable, long-term.

This game is a cake walk. I am at 1.5 BB/Hr over 500 hours with a 7.65 BB/HR std dev. 10/20 here i come.

I dont notice that many tells, but i know most of the players well, and they are just horrible.

12-22-2001, 01:26 PM
i am likely gonna be out there sunday night, but not sure.

i was at hollywood aurora thurs night.

last night i was gonna go, but i got invited to a sweet home game.

played 5-handed 4/8 Hi-Lo stud, with no qualifier. Oh my! 30 BB pots were the norm.

12-22-2001, 01:58 PM
I'll be out there tonight.

12-23-2001, 10:23 AM
Sorry I missed you, my kids are in from out of Town with grandkids in tow. Unlikely you will spot me at the tables.

Sorry,

SPM,...parenthood...