PDA

View Full Version : men complaining about women

The Stranger
08-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I hear a lot of guys complaining about how women act. Once in a while, you'll hear one say something like, "I wish I could just be gay instead. It would probably be easier that way. Women are just so hard to deal with."

In listening to people with various degrees of success in building healthy relationships discuss the frustrations and heartache that comes up, I have learned that the problem is not women.

The problem is our own insecurities, immaturities. Sexual selfishness.

Agree? Disagree? I hope Big Steve, and some women get a chance to respond to this. It was actually a gay man who helped me to see that my problems with women aren't about them, its about me. Because he has the same feelings and ends up acting foolish.

gorie
08-20-2005, 11:39 AM
um, duh ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

actually i think both genders are pretty screwed up.

although i do think men are more sexually selfish but my experience is limited.

pearljam
08-20-2005, 11:39 AM
yea ur right, and all women are well adjusted people that try to do there best by us.

Alobar
08-20-2005, 11:41 AM
women do the same thing. Tho they are less likely to utter the "I should just turn gay" phrase. Instead they just go buy Ben&jerrys or some new shoes. But its all the same.

The Stranger
08-20-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yea ur right, and all women are well adjusted people that try to do there best by us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they're all well-adjusted. They're just not any more or less well-adjusted than men are. At least that's my opinion at the moment.

The women that men hate the most are the ones that are sexually selfish as well.

zoomOut
08-20-2005, 11:56 AM
men can certainly be immature and women can often be egocentric and needy. You just have to keep looking until you find that good match. You never know which one will actually fit well with your particular goofiness. I agree that it's helpful to recognize one's own character flaws before putting blame on the other party.

Right now I have a lot of male friends through work and through my husband's social circle. I've found them to be incredibly sweet and good natured. On the other hand I've often thought that girls were more complex, emotional and tense (I'll include myself in that so there). Personally I find real emotional girls hard to deal with because they're exhausting.

RunDownHouse
08-20-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear a lot of guys complaining about how women act. Once in a while, you'll hear one say something like, "I wish I could just be gay instead. It would probably be easier that way. Women are just so hard to deal with."

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never, ever heard a guy say that. Usually, its more along the lines of "I wish I had a bottle of whiskey right now," or, more simply, "Ah, [censored] it."

I always thought it was only the women who said things like that.

RunDownHouse
08-20-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We have trouble caring after our part is done. We just get so sleepy.

mslif
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why you guys need to care of the woman first... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
08-20-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why you guys need to care of the woman first... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh /images/graemlins/cool.gif

08-20-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In listening to people with various degrees of success in building healthy relationships discuss the frustrations and heartache that comes up, I have learned that the problem is not women.

The problem is our own insecurities, immaturities. Sexual selfishness.

Agree? Disagree? I hope Big Steve, and some women get a chance to respond to this. It was actually a gay man who helped me to see that my problems with women aren't about them, its about me. Because he has the same feelings and ends up acting foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally with you

I remeber back in 9th grade when my best friend had this hot girlfriend, and he was one of those guys who always found a reason to dump a girl, and I was thinking "man what an ass, if I had a girl like that I would treat her right blah blah blah"

Then after I had a few girlfriends I became that guy.

I've concluded I am totally [censored] in the head

mslif
08-20-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so "duh" for a lot of men... Unforunately /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
08-20-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mslif
08-20-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gifJake

jakethebake
08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I /images/graemlins/heart.gifJake

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bernie
08-20-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many women don't even know how to take care of themselves much less should they expect a guy to be able to do it.

b

bernie
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never, ever heard a guy say that. Usually, its more along the lines of "I wish I had a bottle of whiskey right now," or, more simply, "Ah, [censored] it."

I always thought it was only the women who said things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women or gay/bi guys might say it. I don't know of one str8 guy that has said that either. Actually, I've never heard any guy ever say that.

b

nothumb
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
This thread needs less amateur sociology (and I do mean amateur) and more titties.

NT