PDA

View Full Version : TD HU Question

08-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Heads up in the BB in a ring game with a rough ten. It's passed to the small blind and he raises. What do you do? My thinking is that you're definitely a favorite over a 2 or 3 card draw, and if he improves to a three or four card, you;'re still winning. Can you re-raise to isolate a loose player with a 3 card draw? Peace!

MarkGritter
08-20-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heads up in the BB in a ring game with a rough ten. It's passed to the small blind and he raises. What do you do? My thinking is that you're definitely a favorite over a 2 or 3 card draw, and if he improves to a three or four card, you;'re still winning. Can you re-raise to isolate a loose player with a 3 card draw? Peace!

[/ QUOTE ]

With a bad T you are about a 60-40 favorite (maybe a bit less) over a 3-card draw like 27AKQ, if he tries drawing to a 9. (Even if he draws to an 8 he has about 38% equity.)

Against a 2-card draw you are a small dog standing pat, about 48-52.

In both these cases you are probably more of a favorite by drawing to a 9 or an 8.

Why would you need to need to raise to isolate when it's already HU? Or is that a different question? I think you're a little unclear on terminology--- N-card draw refers to drawing N, not holding N.

08-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I meant in a full ring and someone raises with a probable 3 card and you re-raise to get HU. Thanks for the stats, by the way!

Peace, and garlic!

MarkGritter
08-20-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant in a full ring and someone raises with a probable 3 card and you re-raise to get HU. Thanks for the stats, by the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should often reraise in an attempt to get it heads-up with strong 2-card or 1-card draws, particularly if you will have position. (The SB can be a little tricky.) I wouldn't try this with a 3-card draw unless you're up against somebody who thinks they're playing high draw.

08-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I meant isolating with the ruff ten!

Peace, and garlic!