PDA

View Full Version : $5/$10 Is this stupid?

BuBu_
08-20-2005, 08:38 AM
$5/$10, 6 Max

Just prior to this hand vs Villian I flop checkraised 83, board 7745, and followed up on turn. Villian folded turn. I showed.

Villian is a tightish multitabler from what I can see, although I haven't seen any major showdowns with him.

Hero has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB. Effective stacks are $1k.

PREFLOP:
Villian limps UTG, all fold to Hero BB. Check.

FLOP ($25) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero leads $20, Villian calls.

TURN ($65) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero leads $50, Villian miniraises to $100, Hero calls.

RIVER ($265) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Villian bets $200, Hero folds.

Comments on all points of the hand please. Is this mad to fold river? Does anyone agree that Villian will probably only make this river bet with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or full house

RikaKazak
08-20-2005, 09:39 AM
I call, becaues you showed that bluff, and because you're getting better than 2 to 1 on your money. Never know, maybe JJ limp??? with J hearts, or he's mad you bluffed him???

tradingman123
08-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I think this is a fold. I cant really put the Villain on a hand that you are beating. I dont see villain miniraising turn with just the Ace, he could have easily filled up.

Maybe reraise his mini raise on the turn and fold to a push?

BuBu_
08-20-2005, 09:51 AM
I like the idea of reraising the turn and folding to a push, except for the fact that he will fold out all losing hands.

The way it went I was planning on calling the river (beating a smaller flush), except when the 4th heart came it seemed unlikely he would bet a smaller flush than mine so strongly.

tradingman123
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
I think this is the main reason why most ppl dont play flush draws (esp k high) when the board is paired on the flop. As played, I think that this a fold (though marginal).