PDA

View Full Version : From sb with KQs - hate being OOP

08-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Villain was a bit strange. Reasonable tight but passive pre (VP$IP 25% and PFR 11%). He played kind of loose/passive from the blinds, like cold-calling a button open-raise with 66 in the small blind in a 3/6 game, and didn't seem to be aggro on the turn or river without a hand. I was running pretty good at this point but I hadn't been involved that many hands so I don't think he felt like I was trying to run him over.

Party 3/6 6-max.

I have K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB. Everyone folds to me I raise and BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB raises and I call.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB check.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I... check and fold this particular river, right? What is my play if the river was a brick?

thesharpie
08-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Fold river UI. He's tight passive.

08-20-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and the river completes pretty much every draw. But if a brick hits, say the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, check-call?

New001
08-20-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and didn't seem to be aggro on the turn or river without a hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can safely fold this hand to a bet UI on any river if your description of him is accurate.

08-20-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and didn't seem to be aggro on the turn or river without a hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can safely fold this hand to a bet UI on any river if your description of him is accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but is checking through the turn and betting a brick after I check yet again being aggro? I really don't like playing from the small blind. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dude had Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

peachy
08-20-2005, 10:13 AM
i fold on the turn...pots not big enough for me to care much...but that river im def folding cause it brought the flush as well as other things...if it was a brick id check call IF i took it all the way to the river

thesharpie
08-20-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and the river completes pretty much every draw. But if a brick hits, say the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, check-call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant fold any river UI.