PDA

View Full Version : Packing 77, flop A63. Is this line acceptable?

08-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Tell me what you think.

No real reads. 6th hand at the table, but the table pot average says this is a fairly loose bunch.
I generally give up any medium-small pp when there is an overcard and I'm not heads up, but given their passitivity I felt that I could very well be ahead and since I have been trying to push marginal hands a bit further to increase profit, I though I'd give it a try. Was this ok, or should I have given it up, and if so, when?

Thanks in advance

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

08-20-2005, 06:19 AM
great bet "ten dollar man". you could be "hundred dollar man" if you didnt play this poorly.

08-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll start posting the hands I know I played right so I can bask in the glory of your praise. So you mean I should check the flop?

grjr
08-20-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't hate the flop bet with second pair but it would probably be better if the A were some other high card since everyone limps in these games with Ax.

Since you checked the turn there's no use betting the river. You're not folding anything that beats you.

08-20-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate the flop bet with second pair but it would probably be better if the A were some other high card since everyone limps in these games with Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Thanks

@bsolute_luck
08-20-2005, 06:37 AM
either fire again on the turn and take the free showdown or check through the river again. you have zero folding equity on the river since you checked the turn and i doubt your hand is best as you're only beating 55 and 44 so i don't know what hands would be calling your river bet that you're ahead to unless they're calling with UI QJ or some such garbage.

no real reads is tough because the "fairly loose" bunches i'm playing against often check TPWK in this situations but won't bet themselves.

@bsolute_luck
08-20-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
great bet "ten dollar man". you could be "hundred dollar man" if you didnt play this poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously dude. 3 posts and NONE have been constructively helpful.

08-20-2005, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't have bet the river. I'm expecting that someone has an Ace or a King with a weak kicker and is just too passive to bet on it.