PDA

View Full Version : books on pot limit omaha??

lwspoker69
08-20-2005, 05:58 AM
I've read Ray's book on omaha 8/b and am currently doing pretty well on the small stakes tables. However, as I don't really have a great strategy on how to beat PLO high, I don't think I can take my game to the next level.

Are there any books any of you recommend that will help me get better? Thanks in advance.

Malachii
08-20-2005, 06:46 AM
The one that everybody mentions is Bob Ciaffone's Omaha Holdem Poker. Tough to find though.

benkahuna
08-20-2005, 08:06 AM
I found mine used on amazon.

I liked the section in SS2 a little better than Bob's book, but I feel they're complimentary. I don't feel like there's anything definitive out there. The amazon review made it sound like TJ's book was thick on stories and thin on content.

KingMarc
08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
SS2's section of PLO is okay. As mentioned, Omaha Holdem Poker is probably the best. Ciaffone is rereleasing it in September, so I'd wait for that.

greatwhite
08-20-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SS2's section of PLO is okay. As mentioned, Omaha Holdem Poker is probably the best. Ciaffone is rereleasing it in September, so I'd wait for that.

[/ QUOTE ]Is it being updated?

Jeffage
08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Get Bob Ciaffone's Pot Limit and No Limit Poker. Book will revolutionize your big bet play and thinking (covers hold em, omaha, other forms). Good stuff.

Jeff