PDA

View Full Version : KsQs UTG+1 against LAG

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 05:30 AM
against a lag (15/30 party) named range33
like 50/20/1.5

KsQs UTG+1

I open, LAG (whose 3betting standards i dont know) 3bets in MP1, Fish calls in hijack, folded to me and I call

Flop: AK6r no spade

I check, lag bets, fish calls, I call

Turn: T completing rainbow

I check, lag bets, fish folds, ......

Give me a line for the rest of the hand.

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 05:45 AM
8h8s button

unknown limps, fish limps, lag limps, I raise, blinds fold, limpers call

Flop AT6r

check check check, I bet, unknown folds, fish calls, lag calls

turn 6 ( putting 2 hearts on the board )

checked to me. What's my plan for the rest of the hand?

toss
08-20-2005, 05:51 AM
In the first hand with KsQs I'd call/call. I don't like raising anywhere since that Ace is out. Maybe too weak?

toss
08-20-2005, 05:53 AM
The second hand with 88 I'm betting here. I don't want to give away a free card to a fish and a LAG. If the LAG check/raises I fold since theres just too many ways were beat. I'm checking behind on the river without improvement.

oreogod
08-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Suggestions I and others hand for hand 1: either CR the flop or call the turn and donk the river.

Hand 2: easy easy easy easy turn bet. I watched him play this hand. If u want to check anywhere, bet the turn, check the river.

stokken
08-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Hand 1. Given that Lag raises about 20%, he may be the kind who likes to isolate alot with a-x, however lags do bet good pockets too. I dont know how many hands the stats are based on, but he seems abit on the shallow end total aggro wise, so maybe he is abit passive postflopp?. I think I would checkraise this flopp, with leading a close second.Check raise, mostly because I want to know the action of the fish, and define against the lag. If action develops one can fold with more confidence and it costs the least(compared to calling down

As the hand played out I would again opt for a c/raise or lead on turn, the cost if u plan to see it down is the same given that u credit him for a hand if he gives action.
Call call leaves no room for lag to fold ( a hand that could get lucky)and is in my opinion last choise.

Hand 2. When the table is this passive on the flopp I would continue betting until signs of strenght

hobbsmann
08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Call the turn, river a J, and c/r. If the J doesn't come c/c. You figure to be good against this guy enough of the time with second pair top kicker.

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
In hand 1, I called the turn and checked the river and he checked behind, showing KJo and MHIG. At first (some results oriented nits /images/graemlins/grin.gif) suggested that I should have donked the river but I don't think I'm ahead against his 3betting range often enough as it includes a lot of Aces IMO. It's definitely close but I like checking the river more than betting the river.

In hand 2, I should have bet the turn but checked it like an idiot ( a clearly wrong play ). The river brought Ks and it got checked through. Both opponents showed 97 and MHIG.