PDA

View Full Version : super systems by Doyle Brunson

Hung
04-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Not so long ago I read Super sytems. I think Doyle is fearless. But anyway, I'm the tight player. I'm the one who's gonna ante myself to death. I changed my playstyle. I bet all flops that are checked to me. But only if it looks like everyone missed the flop. If someone reraises me I'm out. I also started to raise preflop with small suited connectors. But people get angry when it comes to showdown and I win. I've won a lot of big pots with small connectors. Just earlier I had 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif And I make a big raise preflop. The flop comes and I get Q9T. That's a dangerous flop for me. But I don't think there's AK out there. But who knows. I bet a little more then pot. And I still have two callers. Turn is nothing and everyone checks. River is a 6. One guy moves all in, about $12. Of course I call and win the whole pot with straight. He gets mad about the fact that I raise with 78. He goes completely tilt. I explain him about super sytems and Brunson. But he starts calling names and says Brunson is done... This is not the first time I get these kind of reaction. People get mad. It's insane. But these small connectors have made me won huge pots. And AA have made me lost huge pots. It's an easy choice for me now.

Wardfish
04-08-2003, 07:10 AM
I've tried it online at UB and Ladbrokes (as high as $2-4 blinds with $400 starting stack) in shorthanded games with mixed results.

I've managed to win large amounts with next to no cards - just bullying - but have found it difficult to keep in control. It's almost like you believe you are bullet-proof and can get snapped off for some major cash if you're not in control fully.

You also have the added advantage of getting paid off big sometimes on your big hands as you can also send the opponent on tilt quite easily.

I have found that 2 major things are needed to make this a winning strategy:
i) opponent selection - preferably those who bring a small stack hoping to double-through with a big hand
ii) recognising which flops have missed the opponents

Stick with it - I reckon its a winner!

pudley4
04-08-2003, 11:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I explain him about super sytems and Brunson

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY WHY WHY??? Just keep your mouth shut and stack his chips.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But these small connectors have made me won huge pots. And AA have made me lost huge pots. It's an easy choice for me now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't tell me you'd rather have 78s than AA...

Chr
04-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Why tell him about SuperSystem?????
Why tell him anything that makes him understand why you play like you do?