PDA

View Full Version : NEW SNG HAND HISTORY CONVERTER! (BETA)

08-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to update you all and let you know that I have finished the Web Version of the new hand history converter I am currently working on. It still needs ALOT of work and it is no where near complete.

CURRENTLY THIS CONVERTER IS IN BETA VERSION and will ONLY WORK for COMPLETE SNG HAND HISTORIES on PARTY POKER (and its skins). IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE EMAILED HISTORIES, ONLY THOSE HAND HISTORIES FOUND ON YOUR HARD DRIVE OR FROM YOUR SNG TRACKER

Whew. Here is a list of upcoming features you can expect:

1. 2+2 Output of hand historys. Currently we only have the web version but I plan on making the site compatiable with these forums so you can copy and paste the output into a thread. Much like bisonbisons converter. For now if you choose to use the beta version, you will need to post a link to the view page.

2. Ability to sort, search and view other submitted hand historys based on blinds, number of players left (bubble, early, mid game). If we get enough hand historys submitted once I go public with this and release the first stable version this could be a HUGEEE leraning tool for beginners and amatures.

3. Allow messages to be posted under individual hands, and under the game, for discussion.

3. The ability to convert a single hand. This may work right now, not sure. Try it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Tons more, but nothing that I can think of off of the bat.

Using SNG TRACKER to convert..
Click on the OVERVIEW tab.
Scroll to the desired hand history. Double click.
Copy the entire histrory to the clipboard (button).
Goto the converter, paste the hand history into the box.
CONVERT!

This tool will revolutionize the way we post hand histories!

Without further adue, BlueTooth presents..

SNGHistory.com (http://www.snghistory.com/)

Hope you like it.

If you want to see it in action, view my next post.

What do you think?

starvs
08-20-2005, 01:38 AM
This seems really cool, and could be very usefull. I copied a whole hand history to test it out and the display is real nice. One suggestion though, making bets and raises diffrent colors than folds, so you can pick the action up easier, especially preflop.

Here is the output I got so all you guys can check it. http://www.snghistory.com/view.php?id=4 . Feel free to criqtue my gross amount of errors.

08-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Very good suggestion, on the colors.

I will implement something like that for the next BETA release /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

Bill Poker
08-20-2005, 02:17 AM
It is cool!

is it possible to sort them by seat#?

<quote>
Seat 10. g00tshot (760)
Seat 2. The__Milkman (775)
Seat 5. pokerbug (778)
Seat 4. msrod74 (825)
Seat 1. holman3rd (800)
Seat 3. Elvis00 (1155)
Seat 9. TwinRotts (775)
Seat 6. Machtmechtee (760)
Seat 8. claytonA (1372)
</quote>

RicP
08-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Very Nice work!

Hendricks433
08-20-2005, 02:29 AM
COnverter sucks. I cant use it with my Stars Tourneys. I hate when stuff only works for one site. It is pretty nice though for those who play on Party. Good Job

Isura
08-20-2005, 06:00 AM
Nice. Jman can stop crying now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-20-2005, 07:04 AM
This is only beta. My plan is for this converter to work with ALL of the top sites. For now, please bare with me. This is only the beginning of a very large project.

08-20-2005, 07:11 AM
I am going away (in an hour from now) for the next 2 weeks and will have limited access to the computer. Therefore this beta version will not be updated or maintained at all during that time until I return.

The reason I posted this before I left was so that you people can try it out, test it, and maybe start using it to post some hands. Although, I agree it may not be the best right now and alot needs to be done, so it may not be used much until a newer version comes out.

So yeah. I guess we should use this thread as a bug reporter. If you see anything wrong with the software (That I have not already pointed out), please report it in this thread and I will view them all when I return.

Thanks all!
Talk to you on Setp 4th!

Cheers

P.S. I am going to order my first Dell 2001FP during my trip and it should arive by the time I get home, woooot!

09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey all,

I just got home from my two week trip (if anyone really cares /images/graemlins/wink.gif), and I will be working on this snghistory.com project some more over the next few weeks.

I hope to get this awesome tool out of beta and create the 2+2 parser that will render the results "postable".

Sound good?

If you find anything wrong while beta-testing, I encourage you to PM me.

Thank you all for your support in the production of this great new tool.

Cheers

P.S. I just got my new DELL 2001FP, and am currently 4-tabling $22s! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheNoodleMan
09-03-2005, 07:56 PM
This is a great start.
I have one tiny request though, put the Ace of Diamonds in the deck /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Its missing!
other than that, it looks good.

Nicholasp27
09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
very nice work!

i'm impressed and excited about the outcome of this

illunious
09-03-2005, 11:10 PM
I think your planned features look great. My suggestion is that you crop hands after they're folded. A preflop fold could show only preflop action up to the fold, and could easily be one line. Would make it much easier to read an entire SNG log.

WebGuySteve
09-04-2005, 01:50 AM
great work on this. I just imported a hand history and it worked wonderfully. I like the idea of setting up messages under each hand or complete HH.

It might be cool to have a homepage where the hands with the most replies could all be in a section, as well as whole HHs with most messages.

Perhaps down the road you could have it be a membership site so that people could create favorite hands to refer to later, or view all their messages all in one place, that sort of thing.

GREAT work though, I am impressed. This coming from one web guy to another, this isn't easy stuff guys, good job!

09-04-2005, 03:16 PM
If you want any more developers on the site I'd be willing to lend a hand. Drop me a line in a PM or something.