PDA

View Full Version : Ok tell me what you think of this hand... 10+1

Jdogg
08-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Ok this is the first hand of the tourney, lots of limpers and I am bb. I think this is one of my big leaks in my game -- once and a while I get involved in a hand early on because I am bb and want those points or I have a small pocket pair that doesnt hit on the flop or something of those sorts and I dont give up. Anyways, I thought this hand was a bit different as I got more involved.

***** Hand History for Game 2564784156 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14993781 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Saturday, August 20, 00:22:26 EDT 2005
Table Table 11071 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: cukuwalrus ( $800 )
Seat 4: tyvernon ( $800 )
Seat 5: Eaglefixer ( $800 )
Seat 6: texa348 ( $800 )
Seat 7: cbad2005 ( $800 )
Seat 9: ND_OCG ( $800 )
Seat 8: BestPpL ( $800 )
Seat 2: Rising_Fast ( $800 )
Seat 10: jsp123 ( $800 )
Seat 3: dindaddy ( $800 )
Trny:14993781 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jsp123 [ Kc 6c ]
Rising_Fast: u 2
cukuwalrus calls [15].
Rising_Fast folds.
dindaddy folds.

Connection Lost due to some reason
cukuwalrus: ty
jsp123 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 9d, 7c ]
ND_OCG checks.
jsp123 bets [65].
cukuwalrus calls [65].
texa348 folds.
ND_OCG folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4c ]
jsp123 checks.
cukuwalrus bets [200].
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
jsp123 calls [200].
** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]
jsp raises all in
cuku folds.

I called since I had the flush draw, and even if I miss that 200 bet seems like a bet I would do if I had AK, AQ, etc.. and wanted to end the hand there.

Anyways I am pretty sure this was a horrible play, and I got lucky but just want to see what you all think

Justin

djj6835
08-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Why are you betting 65 chips to pick up a mere 40 chips on a complete bluff non the less. I wouldn't bluff at this pot to begin with. The turn call is also bad. You cant call 200 here as a 5:1 dog. Save these chips for later, you only have 800 to begin with.

08-20-2005, 12:54 AM
sorry to be brutally honest but its very horrible, you bet into two people with nothing(at an 11 no less, where ppl call with anything). Thats a very -EV play.

Jdogg
08-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I know I get stupid once and a while. Hopefully this thing falls off the pages fast /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hendricks433
08-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah just check fold the flop. Turned into something way bigger than hit had to be for no reason.

ChuckNorris
08-20-2005, 01:08 AM
You failed to represent the trips convincingly, so your bluff on the river is pretty bad. The very river bet is suspiciously big to look like a strong hand. Not that you would want to try to represent a strong and bluff an opponent to fold anything good in a 10+1 to begin with.

So, it's not a good bluff. What about the way you played your actual cards? You overbet the flop with nothing against two players in a 10+1. That's just bad. Then, on the turn you draw to a K-high flush with horrible pot odds on a paired board. Ugh! Also,

[ QUOTE ]
I called since I had the flush draw, and even if I miss that 200 bet seems like a bet I would do if I had AK, AQ, etc.. and wanted to end the hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't justify the turn call in any way. You can't beat AK or AQ! Why are you calling if you think your opponent is ahead?

These were just my thoughts. Keep posting, reading, playing and learning.. Good luck!

Jdogg
08-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Chuck thanks for the response I think it will change my thought process while playing, although I seriously dont do these lame move a lot. Seems like one a day and then they are out of my system, but still.

Justin

08-20-2005, 01:25 AM
I think a reraise after your check on the turn on his bet seems about right, especially if you were going to bluff on the river anyway. This is representing a very big hand, like a set or boat, esp with that pair on there (in fact a rebluff on the turn makes it really hard for a single pair to call I think). But by calling and then going all in, it looks like you either have the boat, or drew at the flush and missed (which you did). If your opponent can figure this much out (its not hard), then they can pretty much figure out that your last bet is not a value bet (of course) but one that is trying to get him to lay down...a dangerous thing to have in your opponent's head when you indeed are bluffing.
Don't feel too bad about making these weird set of plays...a lot of times I go all in on people simply because I know they have a real hard time calling without at least a two pair...in this situation tho, you were very lucky to not have been called...he was probably on the flush draw as well, or thought you had the boat.

tigerite
08-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Fancy Play Syndrome. Awfully played from start to finish. Fold preflop.

11t
08-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I think you played this hand awfully and hands like these are why it is so easy to beat the 11's.

Check/fold the flop and fold when you aren't getting odds to draw on the turn with your flush draw.

ABC poker.

Uppercut
08-20-2005, 11:14 AM
You bet this flop, why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Karak567
08-20-2005, 11:24 AM
This is awful. Never do this again.

tigerite
08-20-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fancy Play Syndrome. Awfully played from start to finish. Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously meant check/fold the flop. For some reason I thought he raised preflop to 65.

Havok
08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Lets review. You bluff, get called. Check, the caller bets. You call. And on the river all in. Confusing. Just seeing the action, and not knowing what either of you are holding leaves me confused with the play. I think you just got lucky to take down the pot. The caller probably had you beat, but was probably thinking to himself, does this guy have the 7. But, your play doesn't say a 7, just missed draw or last long ball bluff attempt. I think a more astute player would have called you here. Bad move that proved lucky.