PDA

View Full Version : You'd think i'd learn from my mistakes

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 12:42 AM
But I just didnt. These are both within like 15 mins of eachother. Check/fold seems weak on the turn, but bet/call seems like spewing, and i don't have the odds to check/call. Should I just check/fold here? I am almost guaranteed 2 bets in both handson the river probably more if i hit my 4 outer that's why I called after Ibet.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Jake (The Snake)
08-20-2005, 12:57 AM
check/fold the turn? the thought would never cross my mind on either of these.

there are enough worse two pairs/pairs and draws for villain to be semibluffing on both hands that I would probably call down both. #1 seems closer because villains could be calling with a one card OESD that hit on the turn, but I'd likely call down anyway.

wackjob
08-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I think you played both fine. I won't fold to a scare card on the turn, especially when I just made 2pair. Hand 1 your fold is right on. Hand 2 you probably assumed you were toast again so the river check is ok &amp; you really couldn't expect that it wouldn't get bet.

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I lost both hands badly. Both villains had straights in both hands.

Catt
08-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Are you running bad? Check-folding would never enter my mind on the turn when I turn two-pair. You're not even drawing super thin by calling the turn raise if you knew they had a made straight after the raise -- 4 outs to FH plus possibly counterfeiting their straights on the river.

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you running bad? Check-folding would never enter my mind on the turn when I turn two-pair. You're not even drawing super thin by calling the turn raise if you knew they had a made straight after the raise -- 4 outs to FH plus possibly counterfeiting their straights on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I forgot about counterfeiting them.

No, I'd never fold these before the river. Like i said, weak /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wackjob
08-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Not folding on the turn is good play. Not being able to fold the river when you don't improve would be the weak play.