PDA

View Full Version : The EV of changing my alarm clock.

jkkkk
08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Ok so its 5am (nearly) and I start thinking about how much sleep I want, my first thought was to set it for 11am, this way i get 6 hrs of sleep, get to walk / talk with my friend on the way to town (I hate going on my jack) and I can play 1000 hands or so when I get back until I have to go to a BBQ at 4pm.

Then I realised the odds of me turning off my alarm after ~6 hrs of sleep is 90%, so theres the sleep through -EV + oversleep -EV because if I fail to wake up before 3pm (should I sleep through) the BBQ has been mucked up because I need to pop into town for beer, steak etc. I estimate the chance of this being ~20%, so maybe changing the alarm to 2pm is a better idea.

The alarm clock controls are staring me in the face, Hero...

jkkkk
08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Results to follow, I'm going to sleep.

MrTrik
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd set it for 11 and set two alarms.

TheIrishThug
08-20-2005, 12:18 AM
the 2nd alarm clock is key. and perferably have both not within arms length from your bed..

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-20-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word...My cell phone has the shrillest alarm that wakes me up most of the time and I can set multiple alarms on it (as many as I want but I usually set 3). If need be, I have an actual alarm clock that I set if I don't trust myself enough.

I can actually turn off an alarm clock or my cell phone alarm now without ever reaching consciousness...is this something everybody does?

DasLeben
08-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Don't you know, trying to hold onto sanity too tightly is insane?

jkkkk
08-20-2005, 06:48 AM
In this situation we have to assume Hero only has the one alarm (yes my alarm clock is crappy) because I'm tired and would have never thought to use my mobile that is nearly dead / doesn't make as good as alarm clock.

Results in white:
<font color="white">jk set the alarm for 2pm but receives a phone call at 12.30pm which wakes him up. </font>

benza13
08-20-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word...My cell phone has the shrillest alarm that wakes me up most of the time and I can set multiple alarms on it (as many as I want but I usually set 3). If need be, I have an actual alarm clock that I set if I don't trust myself enough.

I can actually turn off an alarm clock or my cell phone alarm now without ever reaching consciousness...is this something everybody does?

[/ QUOTE ]

My alarm continues to wake me up, but my girlfriend always gets up before me and I don't even hear her alarm anymore.

Ray Zee
08-20-2005, 10:50 AM
please go to rpg. as a real poker player doesnt use any alarm clock. he gets up when he wakes and sleeps until rested.

WackityWhiz
08-20-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please go to rpg. as a real poker player doesnt use any alarm clock. he gets up when he wakes and sleeps until rested.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

imported_anacardo
08-20-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TESTIFY, RAY.

jkkkk
08-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Pfft.

Huhmare
08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Hero should go to sleep earlier.

cardcounter0
08-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Ray Zee has the correct answer. Do you see why?

08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Change the time on the clock to be 3 hours back and set the alarm for 2pm.

TheCroShow
08-22-2005, 07:00 PM
i wish you [censored] morons would stop mis-using EV..sigh..i want to kill you all...omg is it +EV to ask out the girl i like? is it +EV to spank it 10 times a day?? getting sick of seeing EV in thread titles

meleader2
08-23-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish you [censored] morons would stop mis-using EV..sigh..i want to kill you all...omg is it +EV to ask out the girl i like? is it +EV to spank it 10 times a day?? getting sick of seeing EV in thread titles

[/ QUOTE ]

it's +EV to delete ur response /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

warlockjd
08-23-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man this gets us banned in Politics. Lax OOT