PDA

View Full Version : Started Laughing! River!!!!

nate_king1
08-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Decent Flop
Good Turn
Bad River

**** Hand History for Game 2564529326 *****
$2/$4 Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 19, 23:40:05 EDT 2005
Table Table 32743 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: xKEVROCx ( $252.50 )
Seat 4: Hip_Hop_Head ( $186.67 )
Seat 6: angle72 ( $153.50 )
Seat 8: AprilKit ( $142.50 )
Seat 9: rAAymerfan69 ( $85 )
Seat 10: slow777 ( $71 )
Seat 3: JSP52 ( $0 )
Seat 7: Jag9286 ( $37 )
Seat 5: GatorDad22 ( $83 )
Seat 1: RexSterling ( $129.50 )
angle72 posts small blind [$1].
Jag9286 posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to slow777 [ 8h Ah ]
JSP52 has left the table.
AprilKit folds.
rAAymerfan69 folds.
slow777 calls [$2].
RexSterling folds.
xKEVROCx folds.
Hip_Hop_Head calls [$2].
GatorDad22 calls [$2].
STIZZ has joined the table.
angle72 calls [$1].
Jag9286 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 6s, 7h ]
angle72 checks.
Jag9286 checks.
slow777 checks.
Hip_Hop_Head checks.
GatorDad22 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
angle72 bets [$4].
Jag9286 folds.

slow777 calls [$4].
Hip_Hop_Head folds.
GatorDad22 calls [$4].
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
angle72 bets [$4].
<font color="black"> slow777: wow</font>
slow777 calls [$4].
GatorDad22 folds.

Results in White:
<font color="white"> angle72 shows [ 2h, 2s ] two pairs, sevens and sixes.
slow777 shows [ 8h, Ah ] a flush, ace high.
slow777 wins $28.50 from the main pot with a flush, ace high. </font>

Edge34
08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Bet the flop.

Catt
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Several bits of advice:

1. Use a hand converter or manually post the hand in a more readable format.

2. Refrain from posting no content posts.

3. If you do insist on posting a no content hand in order to point out the absurdity of how a Villain played his hand, choose one where your play is less absurd than the Villain's.

Scott_Baio
08-20-2005, 03:54 AM
wow, I can't believe some of the people I've buddy listed are 2+2ers...

that just blows my mind.

Dariel86
08-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Nice1 /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Harv72b
08-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I was just at a table with you, and you have some serious holes in your limit game. Too passive preflop, and aggressive in all the wrong places postflop. In 15 hands, I saw you limp first or second in 4 times, including twice from the SB. This hand in particular was ludicrously bad...I can only assume you're tilting here (you're in the SB):

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: slow777 is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7 BB, between SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8h Jc (high card, king).
BB has 8d 7c (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 7 BB. </font>

If you're going to play it, raise it first in. As played, you had absolutely no business being in the hand after he raised the flop.

And I still have no idea what you were on about when your A6s lost to QQ.

nate_king1
08-20-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just at a table with you, and you have some serious holes in your limit game. Too passive preflop, and aggressive in all the wrong places postflop. In 15 hands, I saw you limp first or second in 4 times, including twice from the SB. This hand in particular was ludicrously bad...I can only assume you're tilting here (you're in the SB):

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: slow777 is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7 BB, between SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB (7 BB).</font>

If you're going to play it, raise it first in. As played, you had absolutely no business being in the hand after he raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this you jerk.

Bob T.
08-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Why didn't you bet the flop?

peterchi
08-20-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You opened yourself up to it by posting PP names

2) He was being rather constructive, and has overall been way more helpful on this forum than I have seen you be. You have absolutely no right to call him a jerk.

3) I'm not sure if this whole thread is some kind of joke that I'm just missing out on.

brazilio
08-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
slow777 is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB slow777 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB :#A500AF(slow777)/ calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">slow777 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, slow777 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
slow777 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, slow777 calls.

River: (13 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
slow777 checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB

MP2 was a super-aggressive maniac who'd been taking h4rdc0r3 pok4r shots at the other players, there are lots of missed value bets. UTG+1 would coldcall any bets at any street if he hit any piece of the board, and would usually coldcall any flop no matter if he hit or not.

nate_king1
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm very new to limit games. So I'm really just learning how to play good. I'm sorry that I mis-played a hand that could of been played better. This forum is to help educate players how to play good. Nobody knows how to play good without practice.

Harv72b
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to help you out here; if I overstepped the boundaries of that by posting this hand, then I apologize. I would hope that if you or anyone else ever sees me playing a hand like that they would post it, or at least bring it to my attention. Lord knows I've tried stuff like that a time or two.

baronzeus
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to help you out here; if I overstepped the boundaries of that by posting this hand, then I apologize. I would hope that if you or anyone else ever sees me playing a hand like that they would post it, or at least bring it to my attention. Lord knows I've tried stuff like that a time or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, you should PM him the hand and tell him about it. Public shaming is not cool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Harv72b
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just for future reference, you should PM him the hand and tell him about it. Public shaming is not cool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps so. My bad.

EDIT: I was serious about posting my own bonehead plays, anyway. I know I made a really bad one against brazillio last night, before I realized who he was...FWIW, that was a metagame move, but it still sucked. Okay, maybe just make one thread for all of Harv's stoopid moves, so we don't clutter up the forum any more than it is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob T.
08-20-2005, 05:00 PM
This is about education.

There wasn't a raise preflop. You don't know if or where there the action will come from on the flop.

Your hand is definately going to see the turn, in fact, you will probably be seeing the river regardless of the turn card or action.

It is checked to you.

Given all of those conditions, a bet is mandatory here.

Only good things can happen.

1) you might win the hand right now.
2) you could at least fold the players left behind you, and you might win the button for the rest of the hand.
3) you might eliminate all the players other than the flush and straight draws, which would make you the leader going to the turn, and gives you the best chance to win unimproved.
4) Another queen might come on the turn, and now you could convince everyone to fold.
5) You might have the option to take a free card on the turn.
6) everyone could call, and now you are getting 4-1 when you are only a 2-1 underdog.
7) It provides a little doubt in your opponents minds when you do flop top pair/two pair/set and bet, because they know you have bet draws in the past.
8) its limit poker, and the poker gods favor those who bet and raise over those who check and call.

There probably are some other reasons, but if these haven't convinced you, I'm sure the other ones won't help.

nate_king1
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is about education.

There wasn't a raise preflop. You don't know if or where there the action will come from on the flop.

Your hand is definately going to see the turn, in fact, you will probably be seeing the river regardless of the turn card or action.

It is checked to you.

Given all of those conditions, a bet is mandatory here.

Only good things can happen.

1) you might win the hand right now.
2) you could at least fold the players left behind you, and you might win the button for the rest of the hand.
3) you might eliminate all the players other than the flush and straight draws, which would make you the leader going to the turn, and gives you the best chance to win unimproved.
4) Another queen might come on the turn, and now you could convince everyone to fold.
5) You might have the option to take a free card on the turn.
6) everyone could call, and now you are getting 4-1 when you are only a 2-1 underdog.
7) It provides a little doubt in your opponents minds when you do flop top pair/two pair/set and bet, because they know you have bet draws in the past.
8) its limit poker, and the poker gods favor those who bet and raise over those who check and call.

There probably are some other reasons, but if these haven't convinced you, I'm sure the other ones won't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you

W. Deranged
08-20-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps so. My bad.

EDIT: I was serious about posting my own bonehead plays, anyway. I know I made a really bad one against brazillio last night, before I realized who he was...FWIW, that was a metagame move, but it still sucked. Okay, maybe just make one thread for all of Harv's stoopid moves, so we don't clutter up the forum any more than it is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, Harv, we still think you're a good guy.

shant
08-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Raise preflop. Bet the flop. Raise the turn.

SackUp
08-20-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps so. My bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, Harv, we still think you're a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are more than a good guy Harv. You totally went out of your way to help a guy out by finding a hand that he screwed up on. i would love it if people took time out to fix holes in my game.

A little humility is fine and actually very necessary to be a good player. You are in teh wrong game and in the wrong forum if you can't handle it. So my hat is off to you for going out of your way to help this guy who was completely unappreciative.

nh