PDA

View Full Version : Cold calling against preflop LAGs

thesharpie
08-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Sometimes a 30 or 40 PFR% will raise and I have a hand that fares well against his range that I don't necessarily feel comfortable 3 betting. For instance:

1) You have K9s on the button, LPP limps and a 30% PFR raises in the CO, blinds loose passive.

2) You have QTs on the button and a 35% PFR open raises in the CO. He's the type to knock you off if you miss, blinds tight.

3) You have T9s in the SB and the button with 50% steal opens, he'll knock you out if you miss. What about QTo?

If you wouldn't cold call any of these, what's the lowest you would cold call in the situation, or do you just not cold call?

Lurker4
08-20-2005, 12:07 AM
If there is another player in the pot already, I like coldcalling some hands that rate to be ahead of a LAG's range, so I coldcall in hand 1. 2 and 3 are a bit trickier though...I think 3 I'll coldcall T9s since it plays well multiway and has no unimproved showdown value, which is what you're looking for when you iso-3bet the LAG. I'm still undecided in hand 2. with tight blinds, I'm leaning towards 3-bet, but I dunno if that is the right play.

thesharpie
08-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Up up up.