PDA

View Full Version : Wynn 8/16 AK preflop question

jason_t
08-19-2005, 11:35 PM
UTG here thinks he is amazing but is actually retarded. He's down over a dime and I have a fuckton of it. He's tilting heavily.

MP is in this hand is a lady; take that to say whatever you like about her play.

Button here is an unknown thirtysomething.

Preflop: I am BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#cc3333">UTG live straddles</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Button 4-bets</font>, I....

In Vegas there is a 5-bet cap; when there is a live straddle the cap is 6-bets.

So, what do I do?

KDawgCometh
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
how old is the lady? I'd lean towards calling. I don't want to 5 bet, but a straddle always seems to make people induce more action and causes people to raise with lesser hands then they would normally raise with. If I was in position I would consider a 5 bet, but being OOP I don't think that I'd mind calling the three and reevaluating the flop

private joker
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I can't believe I'm considering folding, but I am. Even though we've posted a BB, we're:

1) out of position
2) facing the possibility of putting in 6SBs
3) likely up against a big pocket pair (lady could be isolating the straddler, but button's 4-bet is intimidating)
4) could be drawing incredibly slim if our cards are in other hands (i.e. if MP has another AK).

Miller says fold AKo to a PF reraise, and I agree. AKs I'm going along for the ride. AKo I think is a fold.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

wrto4556
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
If she's the good looking lady that ISNT from the united states, you should fold. I see her in that game all the time and she's not 4 betting with nothing.

sfer
08-19-2005, 11:57 PM
You say "Gambool!" and cap.

shant
08-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Cap and hope he makes it 6. It might be a good time to clear some space on top of your head also.

meep_42
08-20-2005, 01:23 AM
How thinky are the players? At the 6/12 and 4/8 tables i've seen straddles, very rarely has the correct strategy of isolating and re-isolating taken place, people usually just play it like a legitimate UTG raise. So, if that's the case, I drop it like it's hot and take a walk until the hand is over.

-d

BWebb
08-20-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap and hope he makes it 6. It might be a good time to clear some space on top of your head also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most definitely. You might even call for a set up while you are 5-betting.