StneColdCall checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Ts, 4h ]
MRBUSTOUT checks.
StneColdCall checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
MRBUSTOUT checks.
StneColdCall bets [125].
MRBUSTOUT raises [250].
>You have options at Table 13877 Table!.
StneColdCall calls [125].
** Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
MRBUSTOUT is all-In [1255]
StneColdCall is all-In [455]

Thoughts on any/all streets?

microbet
08-19-2005, 11:09 PM
If you think his minraise on the turn is a resteal, I think you should push there. I don't think you have a good enough hand to do something like induce a bluff on the river.

08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
will try to help, but I'm no expert...

I really think that the crucial decision moment in this hand comes on the turn..he has now not raised you preflop (with a med-big stack and blinds are worth stealing) which suggests to me that he doesn't have a huge hand, but just can't stand to give up his precious SB to the shorty stack. He also checked to you twice, a real indication of just about nothing, and actually, prob no real draw either.
You bet 125, which prob looks like a steal attempt to your opponent and he raises you only to 250...
IMO this sequence of actions, along with the blinds already being rather high, suggests one of 2 things: Either he's got a monster or he has just about nothing. If this pot is a monster, what could it be? There are already 2 Aces out there so Ax is rather unlikely (although we didn't know this till the river). What about KK, QQ, JJ, 1010? THese hands seem to cry out for a preflop raise (just as Ax would), as almost any pair in this situation would. Also, would these hands check to you twice and then reraise you?? Doesn't sound right, he's should be scared to death of that Ace on the flop, and most likely would call u down to protect his stack. 77, 88, or 99 would almost certainly have been raised preflop, so I would not consider these as well. What about a J10 or Q10 or something of the like? This is indeed bad for you, and looks possible. But, I still think that the 10 would call you down and not try and reraise you such a small amount. If I had a 10 and didn't believe your bet, I would in fact reraise you all in (but Im no expert i tell you)
In fact his reraise is so audacious with you holding a 6 in your hand, that if he is holding a huge hand, you are looking at something no smaller than trips or a boat.
The more likely explanation, IMO, is that he is restealing your bet with almost the same idea that concludes you to think HE has nothing, with one basic huge difference...he has lots more chips than you.
I think your call to his raise is a little weak, and I agree that you should push this hand to his reraise, considering the pot size now as well as the high blind structure at this point (if you fold, you will be crippled). But regardless, once you call on the turn, and the A comes out, you will most likely have to call any bet to the river. This is why i like push better than call...if he has nothing then you make him fold, not allowing him to draw out anything on you (there are still 2 spades on the board not to mention any card he holds that is higher than your 6 other than the Q). So in this case, the A on the river is nice for you.
Just my take on the topic...read the post, and it just cried out "bluff" to me...

ChuckNorris
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Lol, I'll let you in on two very profitable secrets... Let's just keep this between us!

1) When you are BB with a <10BB stack and SB opens by completing, push with any two cards unless you have very good reason to believe they are trapping or you have utter crap and they're a maniac who calls with everything.

2) Whenever you are heads up in an unraised pot as BB against SB and SB checks the flop, minibet. The boardcards and the cards you hold are 99,5% irrelevant. They will fold, like, 90% of the time. No kidding.

I almost didn't post this since these two plays must have made me a pile of $$$ in party sng's, but what the heck. I never opencomplete the SB so I don't give a damn about what other people do as BB here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ilya
08-20-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol, I'll let you in on two very profitable secrets... Let's just keep this between us!

1) When you are BB with a <10BB stack and SB opens by completing, push with any two cards unless you have very good reason to believe they are trapping or you have utter crap and they're a maniac who calls with everything.

2) Whenever you are heads up in an unraised pot as BB against SB and SB checks the flop, minibet. The boardcards and the cards you hold are 99,5% irrelevant. They will fold, like, 90% of the time. No kidding.

I almost didn't post this since these two plays must have made me a pile of $$$ in party sng's, but what the heck. I never opencomplete the SB so I don't give a damn about what other people do as BB here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know and use both of those plays. In fact I thought of them before you did, I just didn't tell you, naa na na-naaa-na! Seriously though, I do know them.
Buuuut...I do have trouble pulling the trigger in spots like this (both preflop and on the flop). Preflop, because I feel like I'm risking too many chips against someone who can call and lose without really getting crippled; postflop, because there's an Ace, a ten, and a flush draw on the board...for one, I think Villains like to check-raise with an Ace, and also, there are lots of ways the flop could have hit him enough to convince him to call on the flop. I'm not saying I won't ever bet that kind of flop if the SB checks to me, but I prefer to do it when Villain doesn't have the chips to spew on a marginal call.

Yeah...I sound weak even to myself.