PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom Question

smartalecc5
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I signed up at Pokerroom recently for the $500 bonus. I have about 2000 out of the 7500 points already cleared. It gives me the option to cashin in 500 points for $10.

If I do that, will it give me ten dollars but then take away 500 points (leaving me with 1500 and 6000 points remaining)??

Or if I do that will it make me have 2000/ only 7000 remaining points.

Basically, is it safe cashing in this extra $10 without having to play another 900 hands to get those 500 points back?

08-19-2005, 11:03 PM
I joined recently too and was also confused. I called their help desk and was told to clear the signup bonus first then buy the $10 bonus. That's what I did. Also, for the $10 bonus you pay 500 points (that you have earned at the time of purchase), then you need to earn another 50 points to actually get the $10. So the total cost is 550 points which values the bonus points at about 1.81 cents each (in the $500 plan the points are valued at 1.85 cents each). Also, once you buy a plan there is a deadline when it expires. I haven't figured out yet how that works. Anyway, I found calling the help desk helpful - even though I wasn't always sure the swedish (?) girl on the other end understood everything I was asking. Good luck. Let me know if you learn anything different.

Burdzthewurd
08-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Yea, you definintely want to clear the points before you buy $10 with them. That offer expires the 22nd of this month, so hurry up!

LargeCents
08-20-2005, 03:18 AM
I used to be a PokerRoom fixture over there. But, their bonuses are getting tougher and tougher to clear. PokerRoom was where I first learned to play poker, so I have kinda fond memories of the place, but I really can't stand the place anymore.

2+2 wannabe
08-20-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be a PokerRoom fixture over there. But, their bonuses are getting tougher and tougher to clear. PokerRoom was where I first learned to play poker, so I have kinda fond memories of the place, but I really can't stand the place anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

this explains me to a tee

after getting screwed out of a grand tourney ticket I hate it there

Swedebubba
08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto for this donkey too