PDA

View Full Version : awkward hand- J8s BB

kamelion44
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
MP1 is 26/13/2.7 TAG, CO cold-caller is 86/29/1.9 LAG.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed, $3-6)

Preflop: Hero in BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

EP calls, MP1 raises, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Hero raises, EP folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP1 bets, CO folds, Hero calls.

Catt
08-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Against this cast of characters and this board I'd be more likely to call the flop and raise a blank turn. I don't think your flop raise does much for you here and your equity can go to [censored] on the turn. Either way, I think you should bet this river and not check it.

TTChamp
08-19-2005, 11:40 PM
I think you need to bet out on the flop or just call the flop. I can't see what the c/r is doing for you.

I like betting out: the TAG might even fold a hand like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif eventhough he has odds to call. If he has the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif of K /images/graemlins/spade.gif he will probobly raise which might drive out the LAG (not very likely, but possible). Even if he does raise you are putting the same amount in the pot as your c/r and you will probobly have more equity going to the turn.

Lurker4
08-20-2005, 12:32 AM
bet the river. MP1 is unlikely to bluff bet w/missed overcards/spade draw but will probably call w/77-99. If MP1 folds, CO is likely to call here w/a 6, PP or a spade draw that just paired up on the river. I also probably c/call flop, then lead a non-spade turn here.

wackjob
08-20-2005, 12:35 AM
I fold PF to this TAG's raise.

Knoler
08-20-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold PF to this TAG's raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting effective odds of 7.5:1, folding is a mistake. You can nearly call with any two suiteds here. J8s is an easy call.

-Brian

kamelion44
08-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Actually wack, I was hoping someone would post a response like this, because I was thinking the same thing myself. I agree with the others postflop advice, but I was thinking about the preflop, but the pot odds are so good...but I get put in alot of awkward positions in these situations, where I end up butting heads with a far superior hand OOP (here the TAG had KK). Do you have a good argument for a fold here?