PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate getting rivered [NC]

cfjr2
08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
$0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em players : 10

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BB [ 2h 4c ]
UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB checks.
I'm in for free /images/graemlins/cool.gif

** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, 9d, 3h ]
all check
ok let me stay in with the flush draw /images/graemlins/cool.gif

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
BB bets, UTG+1 raises
I bet my pair, get raised by likely flush /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I thought about this and decided I felt like playing the slots...45 to 1 soooo...

BB calls

** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
YES! I'm the one to finally suck a long one out on the RIVER!
BB bets, UTG+1 raises, BB raises, UTG+1 raises, BB calls

UTG+1 shows [ Kh, Th ] a flush, king high.
BB shows [ 2h, 4c ] a straight flush, six high.
BB wins $13.50 with a straight flush, six high.

irishpint
08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
i didnt read your post but i bet my bankroll it sucked

Paxosmotic
08-19-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread is now about your favorite Calvin and Hobbes. I think I like the series where they're doing family photos, and the dad is trying to get Calvin to stay still for 3 seconds. Some of the faces in that clip make me cry with laughter. I actually managed to download all the comics, they're a good way to find a smile.

crownjules
08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I love rivers.

Paxosmotic
08-19-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember them sledding and ending up in the river, confirm/deny?

Redd
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
He's right dude. Calvin and Hobbes is the purest art in comic form that I have ever had the privelege of experiencing.

Redd
08-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I really thought the series where calvin signs up for baseball was one of the most reflective and poignant, but not the funniest. I think I'd give the humour edge to Calvinball and Tracer Bullet.

12ozLongneck
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is now about your favorite Calvin and Hobbes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the one where they're playing the game they made up and one of them does something that results in them having to sing the "I'm Sorry Song." The ones where he makes the tripped out snowmen are solid gold as well.

irishpint
08-19-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the one where they're playing the game they made up and one of them does something that results in them having to sing the "I'm Sorry Song." The ones where he makes the tripped out snowmen are solid gold as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the i'm sorry song is after hobbes forgot to touch 5th base, which was a turtle. haha

anything with the babysitter is great. or the camping trips- 'character building'.

Greg J
08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's right dude. Calvin and Hobbes is the purest art in comic form that I have ever had the privelege of experiencing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am much more of a Far Side guy myself.

Rev. Good Will
08-19-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you lose. Pay up

and I own ~5 calvin and hobbes books. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif them

irishpint
08-20-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and I own ~5 calvin and hobbes books. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif them

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i own all of them, but some of the large ones are just made up of the smaller ones. lameo. i used to babysit a kid named calvin after C&H, what were his parents thinking?

numeri
08-20-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The snowmen crack me up. Oh, and the one where he goes to take a bath, climbs in the toilet and flushes, spinning himself around. That's brilliant stuff.

Redd
08-20-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really like far side too (I had the day calendars for as long as they made them), but it just seemed like C&H had so much more depth than far side. Watterson wasn't just writing one-liners, he was telling stories. I don't think anyone really relates to that beehive/hornrimmed glasses chick but everyone sees a little bit of themselves in Calvin.

BatsShadow
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Your rivered post reminded me of this, so I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

We play a NL tourney at my house on Friday nights sometimes - no money, but the game is surprisingly decent. I have one friend who plays particularly fast and yesterday he rivered 3 people out of the game including me.

Later in the game, his AK that hit the Ace lost to my other friends rivered set of Queens. He said this:

"I died the way I lived. On the River."

Priceless.

Paxosmotic
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really like far side too (I had the day calendars for as long as they made them), but it just seemed like C&H had so much more depth than far side. Watterson wasn't just writing one-liners, he was telling stories. I don't think anyone really relates to that beehive/hornrimmed glasses chick but everyone sees a little bit of themselves in Calvin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like, whoa. Very true.