PDA

View Full Version : I really wanted to push this.

Jman28
08-19-2005, 08:14 PM
...but I folded

I'll post my thoughts later, still playing. Am I crazy for wanting to play this? $109 on Party.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t1150)
SB (t965)
BB (t900)
Hero (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1825)
MP1 (t805)
MP2 (t970)
MP3 (t930)
CO (t1455)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t65</font>, MP2 calls t65, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t65, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t282.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t450</font>, Button folds, Hero folds

MegaBet
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Why did you want to push this? Easy fold.

RicP
08-19-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gildwulf
08-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Pretty standard fold.

08-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Good job holding back. Loose play on a flop that lends itself to trips (or possibly quads, noting the raise and subsequent call PF) is never good.

microbet
08-19-2005, 09:26 PM
ditto

Jman28
08-19-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everybody, I wanted to push because I think MP1 has AK and MP2 has 66-99.

gildwulf
08-19-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably a mistake to put two players on a semibluff and on very specific hands at that.

MegaBet
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's pretty crazy.

08-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I think that this is almost an automatic fold.
If you had your opponents on AK and 66-99, then your should have reraised to define your hand and try to isolate one player (1010 is not a good hand multihanded). Your call is an attempt really to try and hit a set if more than one opponent is in (I don't like trying to be too aggressive with 1010 if the flop is all low, unless its heads up). Given the fact that the blinds are so low, then why are 2 opponents trying to make it a big pot? It's because they have some huge nuts hanging off them right then and there...
I also cannot figure out how you came up with the ranges of 66-99...I feel that these are are simply a too perfect range of hands that your hand can beat...what about JJ, KK, AA, or worse yet, 44? This in combination of all the hands with a Q in it (lots of good looking drawing hands include a Q) as well as 2 opponents and almost no money of your own in the pot, makes it a pretty easy fold I think (would have been interesting if you pushed based on your gut, although I swear most of the time in this situation you will be called by a powerhouse).
Interested to hear what people think if the HERO in this scenario had AA? Would people still fold (already understanding that a reraise preflop should have been done, but was not)???? I say yes simply because the blinds are too small and you have almost no information about your opponents...chalk it up to a misplayed hand, which would definitely make the 1010 a folder as well...

raptor517
08-19-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you think that because when you folded thats what they turned up? /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Freudian
08-20-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good job holding back. Loose play on a flop that lends itself to trips (or possibly quads, noting the raise and subsequent call PF) is never good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. On this hand a fold is given since the other players seems happy with the flop, but often a scary flop is easy to take down.

Jman28
08-20-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you think that because when you folded thats what they turned up? /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. No I never found out...

MP1 folded. Hand over.

Am I way off here to think that it's more than 50% likely that I had the best hand?

08-20-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. No I never found out...

MP1 folded. Hand over.

Am I way off here to think that it's more than 50% likely that I had the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, just not sure where this number comes from...as far as I can tell we just have no idea what the guy actually has, but based on betting patterns and given the small blind structure at this point, its more likely he has a good hand rather than simply bluffing. But I guess you could look at it as either 50% says you have the best hand and 50% you have the worst hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but honestly, I just don't think you had the best hand.
Why did you believe you had the best hand, especially with over a 50% range of assurance? Just curious...