PDA

View Full Version : The Valuebet

wuarhg
08-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Playing one table at the moment and having a pretty good grip on the game. I've been playing tight, played 3-4 hands in 20 minutes so my image is harrington-tight.

The game is 5-handed and I pick up T/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and raise, everybody folds to BB who calls. Now i've seen BB trying to pull off a river checkraise with AA that failed in the beginning of the session. He also checkraised me on a flop where he limped in the sb, I raised with K9o and the flop came J34 with 2 hearts. I peeled and folded turn.

Flop comes T/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif
I get checkraised and call.

Turn 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
He bets and I call.

River 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
He checks, Now i'm pretty certain he either missed his draw or wants to checkraise with a King. And there's a remote possibility of an 8 or a better T. And i'm confused, I can probably just bet and fold to a raise here? Yeah I think that is the best way to play it here. Thoughts?

Monty Cantsin
08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now i'm pretty certain he either missed his draw or wants to checkraise with a King. And there's a remote possibility of an 8 or a better T. And i'm confused, I can probably just bet and fold to a raise here? Yeah I think that is the best way to play it here. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a busted draw or a K or a better T why would you want to bet?

He's a tricky player, betting out in order to get some extremely narrow shred of value and then folding to what could possibly be a move is not a good idea.

Take the free showdown.

Also, raise the turn.

/mc

goofball
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I would usually bet here too, but aginst this opponent who is tricky and against whom I don't feel comfortable folding to a c/r, just check.