PDA

View Full Version : Help! Im playing like crap!

ahnuld
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Today is the worst poker day ever for me, I lost 3k through retarded beats and missed allins where my straights and flushes neevr get there. I took a few hours off, and just sat back down.

Playing the 400nl when I riase KQ to 16 preflop. Super arggo reraises to 24. Hes done this with AA and A9 preflop, and could have any hand. I call, sb calls.

Flop comes KJ8 2 diamonds, I have no diamonds. Checked to arggo who bets 24 into 75 pot. sb folds, I call (bleh).

Turn is a offsuit 7. I check, he bets 44, I call (bleh)

River is a Q. 220 in pot, I move in for 250. (bleh)

Looks like I layed atrocious on every street. Lets see who could clean this hand up the best by inserting the correct line on every street.

kongo_totte
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Take a break. With your read, raise the flop.

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
when im in a slump i try not to make things happen. often when things are slow and im not doing too great i try to force the action, and think just because im the best player at the table i can do crazy [censored] and always win.

when i try to make things happen, i lose money. fast. just because youre awesome at poker doesnt mean every situation is ++++EV

punter11235
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Today is the worst poker day ever for me, I lost 3k through retarded beats and missed allins where my straights and flushes neevr get there. I took a few hours off, and just sat back down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt, really. After dropping 8xbuyin its good idea to take a one day break. Its huge downswing and it certainly affected your play (example : your described hand).
Dont play while tilting and thinking about lost $$. Take a break, have some sleep, good food , hang out with friends, whatever. Dont play poker for a day or two. Come back then and see how you played this posted hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best wishes

runnerunner
08-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Raise the flop and take control of the hand. Raise to $100. Assuming he calls, lead the turn for about $120 and fold to a push. When you hit your queen on the river, check call or check raise and snap off his missed flush draw bluff.