PDA

View Full Version : Hand vs LAG #2

08-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Again, huge huge LAG. Will bet raise/cap turns with nothing. I know this is totally read dependant, but is there a better way to get to showdown while extracting money with a relative monster against such a LAG? Just assume we want to get to showdown and we know we have the best hand, or at least think we do most of the time.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, I raise in the SB, LAG 3-bets, I cap, LAG calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet, LAG raises, I Call.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet, LAG raises, I Call.

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check, LAG bets, I Call.

bank
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Go into call down mode after lag raises that flop. I don't see the point of your turn bet (you aren't going to make him fold a better hand and you induce a bluff by checking). Just c/c down UI.

Fianchetto
08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Just call him down after the flop raise.

You are never gonna make him fold a better hand, and you really only beat a bluff. So let him bluff if he wants to, and you lose less if he actually has a pair.

08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I agree with you guys...here is another hand from same player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad 6h (one pair, sixes).
BB has 8h 7d (high card, jack).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

I was betting to induce bluffs for the most part. He literally will raise any two cards. You guys still like straight call downs?

08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Right. Say we're 95%+ sure we have the best hand and he'll raise turns with nothing, he literally has the auto bet/raise button pressed on every street...seriously he instant bets every time it's his action. Calling down still has the highest EV compared to betting to induce a bluff raise?

Catt
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right. Say we're 95%+ sure we have the best hand and he'll raise turns with nothing, he literally has the auto bet/raise button pressed on every street...seriously he instant bets every time it's his action. Calling down still has the highest EV compared to betting to induce a bluff raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has any two cards. Even with any two, he's going to hit the flop &gt; 30% of the time, and since he raises with 6-high as well as a pair or better, you can't possibly determine where you are. You cannot possibly be 95% sure you have the best hand when you're holding A high, or even with third pair or whatever.

deception5
08-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Just wondering why everyone wants to bet the flop and not just check/call down?

bank
08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering why everyone wants to bet the flop and not just check/call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause Hero capped preflop and there's a good chance he has the best hand on the flop so betting is for value and protection.

08-19-2005, 06:12 PM
So you still call down after the first raise?

FYI, his flop aggression is 13.4 and turn aggresion of 24.00 over 200 hands.