PDA

View Full Version : California Vacation best weeks 40-46?

Supern
08-19-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm going on a 2-week vacation to California.
But I don't know which weeks I should go.
I'm thinking about week 40 - 46.

Which weeks are the most inexpensive (hotels, car rental, universal studios)?
I don't have alot of money. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'm planning on visiting the amusement parks and playing poker in vegas.

It seems like week 42 and 43 is good but what do you californians have to say?

touchfaith
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Please don't come...especially if you refer to weeks by their numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Brainwalter
08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Just go to vegas instead. [censored] california.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't come...especially if you refer to weeks by their numbers.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started to post this same thing. Wtf is that?

M2d
08-19-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go to vegas instead. [censored] california.

[/ QUOTE ]
especially during that time period.

Bulldog
08-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Why would Californians know about best vacation rates in California? Me, I usually take my vacations somewhere other than where I live, but maybe I am in the minority.

Johnny Richter
08-19-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would Californians know about best vacation rates in California? Me, I usually take my vacations somewhere other than where I live, but maybe I am in the minority.

[/ QUOTE ]
I frequent the double tree 3 miles from my house. They have great room service and they cook better breakfast than i can.

Supern
08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
You guys are funny. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone want to answer??

touchfaith
08-19-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are funny. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone want to answer??

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, would some visual effects help?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7893/welcome9nk.jpg

Supern
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Week numbers seems to be a bit too advanced for you guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
October 1st - November 10th.
Best two weeks?

M2d
08-19-2005, 05:08 PM
if you come to california, you will do as we do. brush up on your spanish and chinese, as those are the main languages spoken here.

it also might help if you kinda identified which part of the state you'd like to come to. I could probably get you into a motel 6 in Yreka for pretty cheap, if you just want to say that you've been to california.

shant
08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Week numbers seems to be a bit too advanced for you guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
October 1st - November 10th.
Best two weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]
You already missed most of the best 2 weeks in California.
April - May (skip June) July - October.

AsiaKurosawa
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi, I use priceline for hotels when I travel within CA and find the website Bidding For Travel.com (http://www.biddingfortravel.com) to be especially helpful when making hotel reservations thru PL. It really cuts down on room rates, maybe not as helpful for vegas (they have a forum for different cities/states and the vegas forum usually states that rates can be had for cheaper than PL bidding)-- but for CA I like it. I usually pay about 40-60% rack when I win a bid, which usually translates to the "motel 6" price within a region (and I get to stay in a 3-4* hotel instead of stinky motel 6's. (No offense, but I don't like m6's policy of letting dogs/animals stay in rooms, I think its weird and have had stinky room experiences b/c of it.)

You may want to get a sample of hotel rates for the time period you're looking for from hotel websites directly; sometimes local events or conventions can jack up prices or availability and you won't know why or that the rates are drastically different a few weeks apart.

I haven't used PL for car rentals but they have them available, too (bidding for rentals). I did try to when I went to puerto rico but found much cheaper rates online directly from a car rental place-- hotwire.com may also be a good place for you to look re: car rentals (though its not as good as PL for hotels, imo.) BiddingForTravel also has instructions on PL car rental bidding, too.

I think the uni studios/theme parks always have the same rates, but run "buy one get one free" offers when you bring in coupons/coke cans/etc. -- six flags *right now* has that offer for coupons from mcdonalds, they usually run during summertime. Perhaps someone from socal could help you with more info on that or hook you up with them (the coupons/offers are generally readily available from fast food places, etc.)

FWIW, when I stayed in Monterey I bought aquarium tix from the hotel (as opposed to waiting in line @ the aq.) and it was a better deal than the hotel-- 2 day pass instead of one, no waiting in line, etc. You may want to check with the hotel you're staying at if they sell tix for the attractions you're interested in (tho, im pretty sure Disney doesn't discount *at all*, not sure if six flags or knotts does, but may be worth a shot to ask.)

GL /images/graemlins/smile.gif imo, visit hotel websites and put in random dates to get a feel for price fluctuations, do visit biddingfortravel (and post a question before bidding, the admins will tell you *exactly* how to bid if you follow their FAQ requests)... I think the only real variation in pricing will be hotels since the attractions are always the same price (afaik) and cars are cars and generally competitive if you're travelling to a touristy location.