PDA

View Full Version : all in system

Mariogs379
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
If you've read Tournament Poker by Sklanksy he covers an all-in strategy that works fairly well at a full table in a tourney. How would you alter the strategy for a heads up match starting with the following format:
T750 each and blinds: 20/40 (constant blind level until one or the other opponent busts)

IamLeach
08-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Full table tourny poker and heads up are worlds apart. The stratagey involved is also worlds apart. So IMO You need a different stratagey all together.

Mariogs379
08-19-2005, 04:00 PM
yes, i agree but do you think theres a strategy of either moving all in or folding that could work almost regardless of the competition?

IamLeach
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I would never go with an all in or fold stratagey HU so i really cannot say. But if I was playing against someone who played that way, It wouldn't take me long to realize what is going on and I think i would be able to beat them.

[ QUOTE ]
do you think theres a strategy of either moving all in or folding that could work almost regardless of the competition?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, Furthermore I don't think there is a strat that will work regardless of competition in any aspect of poker.
(not full ring game, 6-max, tournament etc.) Poker is very situationaly dependent. there are very few "Hard and Fast" rules that will work all or even most of the time IMO. The only exception would be starting hands. /images/graemlins/wink.gif