PDA

View Full Version : Aquaman

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I am a big fan of Entourage and I just read that James Cameron actually is interested in making this movie and the star, no not Vinnie Chase, but rather the Producer Marky Mark Walberg.

They have some info on Movies.com, granted it is just in discussion and their isn't a script yet.

samjjones
08-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Bullshit. This will never happen.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Just said it is only in talks.

Studios are ready to make any superhero movie they can get their hands on so why wouldn't they be interested in this?

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Damn knock offs. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.shop4photos.net/graphics/215/215285.jpg

imported_The Vibesman
08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
This has "Waterworld" written all over it.

Aquaman could talk to the fishes! What a power! The bad guys better watch out...unless, of course, they're on land, but how often does that happen?

I love comic book heroes and movies about them, but this is getting to be a bit much.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Yea. I predict bad special effects with cartoon fish attacking on command.

[ QUOTE ]
This has "Waterworld" written all over it.

Aquaman could talk to the fishes! What a power! The bad guys better watch out...unless, of course, they're on land, but how often does that happen?

I love comic book heroes and movies about them, but this is getting to be a bit much.

[/ QUOTE ]

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
I agree I think it will be crap I am just relaying the facts.

I mean come on though they are going to make Garfield 2 for God sakes, I think they would make this too.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 03:26 PM
I didn't even realize there was a I.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean come on though they are going to make Garfield 2 for God sakes, I think they would make this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_The Vibesman
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't think anyone's trying to rag on you, Collin, or denying it. We just don't think it will be a good idea.

I actually heard this myself, the article referenced Titanic and said something about Cameron with another waterlogged blockbuster, or something like that.

Chris Rock brings up Aquaman a lot in his act. Funny stuff.

samjjones
Reasons why this would not be made:
1) Cameron is busy doing Battle Angel Alita and another project. Both will take him multiple years to plan/complete.
2) A Prince Namor movie (Marvel's rival to DC's Aquaman) is much further along in development. No way two "talk to fish" superhero movies get made.
3) Water shoots are notoriously expensive. A legit Aquaman movie, set in Atlantis, would cost well over $150 million to make. As he is a D-level superhero, there simply is no way to justify this cost.

imported_The Vibesman
Bill Murray as the voice of Garfield in I, no less.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even realize there was a I.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jba
08-19-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a big fan of Entourage and I just read that James Cameron actually is interested in making this movie and the star, no not Vinnie Chase, but rather the Producer Marky Mark Walberg.

They have some info on Movies.com, granted it is just in discussion and their isn't a script yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I heard leonardo dicaprio is starring in this, could be wrong though just overheard it in a club.

imported_The Vibesman
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3) Water shoots are notoriously expensive. A legit Aquaman movie, set in Atlantis, would cost well over $150 million to make. As he is a D-level superhero, there simply is no way to justify this cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably more. Wasn't "Waterworld" like 200 mil, and Titanic 300? And neither was that recent. They could save a lot more money with the better CGI nowadays, but still.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I wasn't trying to sound defensive I was just saying I think they would.

SL__72
08-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, didn't he just go overseas to talk to Cameron about it or something?

Soul Daddy
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually I heard leonardo dicaprio is starring in this, could be wrong though just overheard it in a club.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they let you use his table?

samjjones
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably more. Wasn't "Waterworld" like 200 mil, and Titanic 300? And neither was that recent. They could save a lot more money with the better CGI nowadays, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Plus, Marky Mark is not a box office draw, so no studio is going to front that kind of cash for this flick without an A-level lead.

imported_The Vibesman
08-19-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it now. Poor boy falls off a boat and sinks when his bitch girlfriend won't move over on the piece of wood she's floating on because she's selfish. He sinks to the bottom of the sea, where he meets Don Knotts, who grants him the power to breathe underwater and talk to the fishes.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Nice.

FatOtt
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Super Friends
Announcer: Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice...

Wonder Woman (Kerri): Superman, it's Flash.

Flash (Ben): (Runs in) Uh! (Panting) Fire...kids...hurry... Oh!

Aquaman (Mike B): Can I get you some water?

Flash: Please.

Batman (David): Good, Flash is already here. You all know what to do.

All: No.

Batman: Well, the volcano's exploded, we've got to act fast.

Superman (Ken): Right, Batman, Robin, you find some way to block future transmissions. Wonder Woman, you stop Dr. Spiker, and find out what he knows. Flash, run to the Andes Mountains, and get those plants. I'll go stop the missiles that have already been launched. [b]Aquaman, you go...talk to some fish!

All (except Aquaman): (Laughing hysterically)

RacersEdge
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
A-man is the lamest of superheros....no noeed for a movie..