PDA

View Full Version : free poker software

spaminator101
08-19-2005, 02:56 PM
i know that someone has probably posted this here before but anyway
is there any good software that you can download online for free that is something like poker tracker i dont want something like poker stove

CrazyN8
08-19-2005, 02:59 PM
there are some sites that let you "play" for it (like a bonus) but I think it's just better to buy it. PT is well worth whatever you have to pay for it.

I'm not sure of any other software that compares to it that is free.

BluffTHIS!
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't use poker tracker but the only way you can have some type of such database for your hand histories is to buy a database program such as MS Access and program it yourself, which will require a knowledge of Visual Basic or C++ to make program have the look and feel of PT rather than just making reports and manipulating the data yourself, as well as to input the hand histories into the database.

MyMindIsGoing
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't use poker tracker but the only way you can have some type of such database for your hand histories is to buy a database program such as MS Access and program it yourself, which will require a knowledge of Visual Basic or C++ to make program have the look and feel of PT rather than just making reports and manipulating the data yourself, as well as to input the hand histories into the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of free to use database programs. Besides, a hand analyzer/statshower can read the hands direcly from your logs and does not need to store them in a database. I have a program that shows stats for me (custom made) that don't use a database. And it only takes about one second per month to load those logs, so why use a database at all realy?