PDA

View Full Version : dell inspiron 1100 for $400?

snowbank
08-19-2005, 02:49 PM
A guy in my office is selling a dell inspiron 1100 for $400, with a wireless router, etc... Should I buy this and flip it on ebay. He has money troubles and needs to sell it. I don't know anything about computers. Should I do it? Ebay prices look like I should. Any computer guys out there?

jayheaps
08-19-2005, 05:43 PM
doubtfull you'll get more than 500 for it. probably not worth the risk

LargeCents
08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A guy in my office is selling a dell inspiron 1100 for $400, with a wireless router, etc... Should I buy this and flip it on ebay. He has money troubles and needs to sell it. I don't know anything about computers. Should I do it? Ebay prices look like I should. Any computer guys out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a fair bit about computers, yet I am very skiddish buying used computers. The price seems about right, though. If I was buying it for personal use and was convinced that it was ok, I'd buy it. But, for flipping it on Ebay, it's not really worth the trouble, IMO, unless you are very comfortable with Ebay, which I am not.

That said, I have an Inspiron 1150 that I bought last winter for $700 direct from Dell, and I'm very happy with it.