PDA

View Full Version : Should I be 3 betting this flop?

Jinx
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero ...

jba
08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
i am 100% of the time.

JrJordan
08-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes just for the value of your flush draw alone. Your A outs might be good too. Also, a 3-bet here might scare button into checking the turn if you miss and have to check it through.

bds
08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Please explain how 3 betting this is +EV? As I see it, you have 12 outs (9 diamonds and three aces that may be outs) and 48 cards yet to come. That's 1 out of 3. If you 3 bet and both players stay with you, that's even money, not +EV and there is a chance that one or both may fold earlier than they otherwise would have if your draw comes in. With that much interest in the flop, it seems unlikely that you will win unimproved and, thus, want people in the pot. Am I missing something?

Oops - been on vacation - answered my own question. Two cards yet to come - odds are double. Sorry:)

wackjob
08-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I will 3-bet here because I was the PF raiser. If I was not PF raiser for some retarded reason, I would not always 3-bet this flop.

Catt
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure what being the PF-raiser has to do with your decision to 3-bet or not? You're betting the turn again if you miss and think the PFR and the flop 3-bet has enough fold equity to fold everyone out?

I think you need to three-bet this. You have a value 3-bet* assuming the donks calling two cold will call a third or a fourth, and flat-calling makes it a bit more likely that button bets the turn again when we miss (which we'd generally like to avoid if possible). It kinda sucks since your hand will be transparent to any observant opponent when you miss and check the turn, but thems the breaks.

* It's possible that your value is thinner than we think here since a lot of your flush outs may be in other hands. Reads on the cold-callers would be nice since this is a pretty funny board to be calling two cold on without a FD.

cdxx
08-19-2005, 03:38 PM
yes, because you are 4-handed. you are roughly 3-1 to improve with an overcard, which makes you +EV on every street.

The Truth
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
3 bet and its not close.