PDA

View Full Version : TT on the bubble

08-19-2005, 02:33 PM
#Game No : 2561408726
***** Hand History for Game 2561408726 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14974606 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Friday, August 19, 12:58:49 EDT 2005
Table Table 11233 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 5: NinaWilliams ( $2890 )
Seat 4: YOUNGGIRL69 ( $835 )
Seat 9: flynno21 ( $1180 )
Seat 10: LoanWej ( $3095 )
Trny:14974606 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to NinaWilliams [ Td Tc ]
NinaWilliams raises [450].
flynno21 folds.
LoanWej calls [375].
flynno21: 72
YOUNGGIRL69 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, 4c, 2d ]
LoanWej checks.
NinaWilliams bets [700].
LoanWej raises [1400].
flynno21: no need to get involved in it
NinaWilliams is all-In [1740]

Can i get away? Loanwej is pretty clueless, earlier he limped ATs utg 4 handed, called my flop bet when i had top pair after flopping the nut flush, and checking it down after the board paired the bottom card on the turn. the reason i made a smaller raise before the flop instead of pushing was because i planned to fold if he reraised me. He seemed to be calling a lot of bets before the flop as well with weak aces, KT, etc.

On the flop after he check raised me, I put him on a hand like 66-99, or A5 or something similar.

Should i be able to get away from this hand at this stage?

Myst
08-19-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#Game No : 2561408726
***** Hand History for Game 2561408726 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14974606 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Friday, August 19, 12:58:49 EDT 2005
Table Table 11233 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 5: NinaWilliams ( $2890 )
Seat 4: YOUNGGIRL69 ( $835 )
Seat 9: flynno21 ( $1180 )
Seat 10: LoanWej ( $3095 )
Trny:14974606 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to NinaWilliams [ Td Tc ]
NinaWilliams raises [450].
flynno21 folds.
LoanWej calls [375].
flynno21: 72
YOUNGGIRL69 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, 4c, 2d ]
LoanWej checks.
NinaWilliams bets [700].
LoanWej raises [1400].
flynno21: no need to get involved in it
NinaWilliams is all-In [1740]

Can i get away? Loanwej is pretty clueless, earlier he limped ATs utg 4 handed, called my flop bet when i had top pair after flopping the nut flush, and checking it down after the board paired the bottom card on the turn. the reason i made a smaller raise before the flop instead of pushing was because i planned to fold if he reraised me. He seemed to be calling a lot of bets before the flop as well with weak aces, KT, etc.

On the flop after he check raised me, I put him on a hand like 66-99, or A5 or something similar.

Should i be able to get away from this hand at this stage?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you described him, Im going all the way with this doofus.

08-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Yep...If he is as you described I would put him on an Ace and he thinks he will hit his gutshot.

jedinite
08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
On the bubble, clearly in second place, with enough chips to easily make a run at first even if the chipleader knocks out #3 and #4? If they're any sort of decent player, this is a terrible place to go all-in with tens against the one person at the table who can KO you, IMO.

Purely read dependant here. Personally I'd have bet just a little smaller on the flop and laid it down to a re-raise - if you really think they're a total donkey I'm going to get ITM and know that I can outplay them heads up even if they've got a 2-1 chiplead at that point.

Hendricks433
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
I make this play ITM but on the Bubble is very risky and Id tend to lean towards the safe side and try to make the money.

Myst
08-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the bubble, clearly in second place, with enough chips to easily make a run at first even if the chipleader knocks out #3 and #4? If they're any sort of decent player, this is a terrible place to go all-in with tens against the one person at the table who can KO you, IMO.

Purely read dependant here. Personally I'd have bet just a little smaller on the flop and laid it down to a re-raise - if you really think they're a total donkey I'm going to get ITM and know that I can outplay them heads up even if they've got a 2-1 chiplead at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

So going with your read, you would laid down QQ too, right? AA?

1C5
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
You have to get involed here. Sure you can fold your way into the money but in the long run, you have to collect here. Win this pot, you are in good position for 1st. Lose it and BFD, start a new game.

Jman28
08-19-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loanwej is pretty clueless, earlier he limped ATs utg 4 handed, called my flop bet when i had top pair after flopping the nut flush, and checking it down after the board paired the bottom card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like your current read is that he is passive, even with big hands, especially if there are scare cards out.

He check raises you on a ragged flop. This is either a bluff, or a hand that he thinks is the best hand.

Since he minraises, I'm tending to think he isn't trying to get you to fold.

So, he thinks he has the best hand. Do you believe him? I think I do.

jedinite
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So going with your read, you would laid down QQ too, right? AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

The villian has been passive so far (according to the subtext we've been given) but hasn't been LAGgy. So I'm inclined to give them a little more respect with the big check-raise.

I go broke here with KK or AA if he's flopped a set. I bet the pot on the flop and push to a re-raise even with the bubble situation the way it is.

QQ I'd consider a tougher decision than TT. I'd probably play QQ the way he played TT - betting the flop, and then possibly laying down to the check-raise. In my experience I'm worried about passive players (especially those playing really passive with good hands, per the subtext) who suddely wake up out of nowhere and get really really agressive.

I pretty much put the villian on JJ+ here, I certainly think my tens are in real trouble.

08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
he can have A5 or 77 and think he has the best hand

jedinite
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he can have A5 or 77 and think he has the best hand

[/ QUOTE ] You did mention he'd shown a tendancy to call bets with ace anything so I guess thats a possibility. What about the check-raise? Thats what scares me from a traditionally passive player...

I'm traditionally a big believer in the "if I feel I'm the best player, i'm going to pass up a perceived smaller edge so I can outplay someone later" theory. And especially on the bubble - Yeah, maybe i can be criticized as weak here, but I'm going to lay down TT to that re-raise (and remain second in chips, very confident in my bubble play to get me through) almost every time unless I have a read on the player as overly agressive or advanced enough to be putting a move on me.

junkmail3
08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
I know it's excessive, but what about a riase to 1200?

Challenge the short stacks (who I'd go all in with, with TT) and tell the big stack to get the hell out.

If he calls/raises. I could check fold it down, because he likely has a good hand.