PDA

View Full Version : Mahatma

JihadOnTheRiver
08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I've been wondering, for quite a while, what the F is up with his name selection? A white kid, apparently from the upper class, that raps (poorly) and all of his screen names are some sort of Durkadurka'ness. Does anybody know what his deal is? Buddhist? Typical white wannabe rapper douchebag? Really nice guy that's the next Big Thing in rap?

-Jihad

correia
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Spirit Rock is a meditation center
Mahatma is Ghandi's first name

mts
08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
this coming from someone who calls himself "Jihad"

burningyen
08-19-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aplusgame247 is a state of mind.

shaniac
08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
His last name is Friedman, so he's Jewish. His first name is Sanskrit I believe, so I guess his parents didn't want to name their kid "Sol" or "Moishe." HTF should I know?

And I don't think he has a viable rap career.

Phat Mack
08-19-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ghandi's first name was Mohandas. Mahatma was the title given him to denote his wisdom.

Justin A
08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His last name is Friedman, so he's Jewish. His first name is Sanskrit I believe, so I guess his parents didn't want to name their kid "Sol" or "Moishe." HTF should I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

His first name is Prahlaid or something like that. I'm pretty sure I've spelled it wrong though.

Ulysses
08-19-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. He just signed with a major label last week. Expect a press release around this shortly, though I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on and do something in conjunction with a televised poker appearance.

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. He just signed with a major label last week. Expect a press release around this shortly, though I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on and do something in conjunction with a televised poker appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard kanyes doing a track on it.

shaniac
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He just signed with a major label last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this does meet the miniumum criteria for "viability." Maybe what I should have said is "I can't imagine anybody voluntarily listening to his tracks." Although if Kanye West is producing one, maybe I'd give Pragress another try, since most of what sucked about about the tracks I heard was in the production. Is Kanye really producing a track, Voltron? Really?

Ulysses
08-20-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard kanyes doing a track on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two "guest feature" names I saw on the tentative track list were Kanye and Common. Three of the other tracks had "f. [blank]" on them, so apparently they are still recruiting more collaborators. Kanye was listed as producing four of the tracks on the album. I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.

nothumb
08-20-2005, 01:59 AM
He's some kinda Buddhist, for some reason decided to take the title of a major Hindu. Go figure. It's all Eastern.

Someone around here in the crunchy granola-twat Berkshires was observing that 99% of white, converted Buddhists seem to be Jews. I can't really argue, actually.

NT

shaniac
08-20-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanye West is possibly the most talented--and musical--producer in the game. If Prahlad got Kanye and/or Common involved in his project, it's a huge coup.

GimmeDaWatch
08-20-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanye West is possibly the most talented--and musical--producer in the game. If Prahlad got Kanye and/or Common involved in his project, it's a huge coup.

[/ QUOTE ]

We goin to Pareeeeeeeeee! Kanye should do a chipmunk's album, it would fit in nicely with his catalog.

GimmeDaWatch
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's some kinda Buddhist, for some reason decided to take the title of a major Hindu. Go figure. It's all Eastern.

Someone around here in the crunchy granola-twat Berkshires was observing that 99% of white, converted Buddhists seem to be Jews. I can't really argue, actually.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews arent white. They're Jay Oh Ohs. Jesus was a jew, and he was black. Ill stop p'wning now.

KaneKungFu123
08-20-2005, 04:46 AM
link?

dibbs
08-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Not in a great mindstate right now, but I really, really cant tell if anyone in this thread is being serious. Allright, well I can tell of a few who arent.

KaneKungFu123
08-20-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not in a great mindstate right now, but I really, really cant tell if anyone in this thread is being serious. Allright, well I can tell of a few who arent.

[/ QUOTE ]

its obvious diablo is full of [censored].

he'd make a great con man.

DcifrThs
08-20-2005, 06:23 PM
i love rap and music in general.

id love to hear his rap although im told it sucks.

somebody please link or PM me.

my younger brother is a music minor and a great rapper. his best friend who already graduated is moving in with him at BU. they will produce at least anothe r9 songs and id lay some serious odds they both end up in the game to one extent or another.

im sure my bro would love to heara poker player rap. as would i. at the very least it woudl be very hilarioius.

to think west would produce a sucky track, well, sucks. could be for the straight cash from wanna bees though.

anyways, hearing his ability would interest me.

-Barron

srm80
08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
is that the same prahlaad friedman i saw on the WSOP circuit even a couple weeks ago? He was pretty damn good! I don't know about the rap music though...
Anyone ever see the movie Clerks? He would remind me of that Russian guy singing Berserker... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

srm80
08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
OLAF, METAL! METAL FACE, OLAF!

something like that

calmasahinducow
08-21-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

My love for you is like a ticking clock

nothumb
08-21-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

My love for you is like a ticking clock

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, but I appreciate the effort. Everyone knows there are no articles in broken English.

(Actually, there is one in the other couplet, but it is negated by the hilarious phrase 'making fukc')

NT

sthief09
08-21-2005, 07:30 AM
reminds me of matisyahu

sorry, just a shameless plug because he's signed under the label I'm interning for. but seriously, how many hassidic jew reggae artists are there?

http://www.dwellingplacepub.com/images/matisyahu%20stubbs%20lg.jpg

srm80
08-21-2005, 09:17 PM
off topic, but Buffalo '66 is an awesome movie.

"We're spanning time."

BottlesOf
08-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Is it? Everytime I see it on, I start watching, but then I lose interest. Maybe one time I'll sit through the whole thing...

oreogod
08-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Here is some of his music:

link (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=99740)

cwsiggy
08-22-2005, 01:42 PM
I just listened to the song Spirit Rocks. That is sooooo bad
words can not describe it. If you want to torture your ears
check it out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=99740

trying2learn
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Wow...

that's not a joke?

cwsiggy
08-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I honestly don't know if that link is a joke or it is him. I really think it is him. As far as a major label signing him, well, who knows....

Sponger15SB
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff is so bad its funny, but then I shoot myself in the face.

Equal
08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow...

that's not a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Moonsugar
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
But man can he play pokah...

wheelz
08-23-2005, 01:43 AM
This [censored] is absolutely hilarious. Inexplicably bad. Wow.

GimmeDaWatch
08-23-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] is absolutely hilarious. Inexplicably bad. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, uhhh, it's not very good. But then again I'd be pretty surprised if it weren't bad.

GimmeDaWatch
08-23-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
off topic, but Buffalo '66 is an awesome movie.

"We're spanning time."

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!! You and me, spanning time. Best part of the movie by far. Now "Brown Bunny", thats a different story.

DcifrThs
08-23-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know what really makes me sad....

the fact that the beats are very good. good drum lines, good bass, and accompanyments. this guy is just unable to maintain anything resembling a flow and his voice is HORRIBLE over the beats. if THIS GUY has a contract and kanye then [censored] man, i dont know what to say other than that is just unreal.

-Barron

cwsiggy
08-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I suppose with a lot of money, one can essentially buy a good sound. Examples are Madonna hiring William Orbit for her arguably best album (Ray of Light) and well - anyone. If Kayne or whoever really is involved - I suppose he could make even me the best white rapper on the planet. Good Luck Prahlad but don't quit your day job. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JihadOnTheRiver
08-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Its funny where this thread went, but I'm glad somebody linked his music. My input: This is unbelievably bad. Whoever said hits beats were good is borderline retarded. This guy sounds like he tries to bite his own ear. Its sad, I will never railbird this freak the same way again. These songs make me miss Shaq-Fu.

-JOTR

DcifrThs
08-23-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose with a lot of money, one can essentially buy a good sound. Examples are Madonna hiring William Orbit for her arguably best album (Ray of Light) and well - anyone. If Kayne or whoever really is involved - I suppose he could make even me the best white rapper on the planet. Good Luck Prahlad but don't quit your day job. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sound + money +kanye does not equal good rapper. he does not have the rhythm on a beat and can't match his lyrics to a drumline. or ride a beat using inflection or manipulation of words. he just can't rap. period.

-Barron

DcifrThs
08-23-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its funny where this thread went, but I'm glad somebody linked his music. My input: This is unbelievably bad. Whoever said hits beats were good is borderline retarded. This guy sounds like he tries to bite his own ear. Its sad, I will never railbird this freak the same way again. These songs make me miss Shaq-Fu.

-JOTR

[/ QUOTE ]

you are showing your inexperience with actual rap prodcution. massive difference between beats and rap.

the beats he almost 100% did not produce and i can assure you he does not have the rhythmic ability to create the drumlines on some of the beats i listened to. nor is it possible this guy could even lay it down if the base, drumline, and accompanyment was handed to him on a mixer.

the beats are good some of them...the rap and lyrics and rhythm of th eartist are wretched to the point of embarassment.

but im glad you have the ability to call me retarded without the ability to listen and / or hear good beats / music.

-Barron

PorscheNGuns
08-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Jesus wasn't black, he was middle eastern dumb dumb

-Matt

JihadOnTheRiver
08-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Doesn't Mahatma himself say specifically that he does all of his own beats? And no, IMO, not a single one of these beats is good. They are simple and bland. They might possibly have been acceptable in 1992, but they are terrible now. At least we agree that his rapping ability is beyond bad.

[ QUOTE ]
you are showing your inexperience with actual rap prodcution. massive difference between beats and rap.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my brother is signed to a major label. Don't ask, I'm not comfortable discussing it. Next time your in Cali, PM me, I'll introduce you to E-40.

-Word

nothumb
08-24-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it? Everytime I see it on, I start watching, but then I lose interest. Maybe one time I'll sit through the whole thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's really slow, but it picks up. Basically around the time he starts bowling IMHO. But the whole movie is good.

NT

Photoc
08-24-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Olaf....Berserker...
"i want you to suck my c%$#...BERSERKER!!!"
Assuming you are referring to Clerks and this hasn't been answered already.

dibbs
08-24-2005, 04:24 AM
I only listened to maybe three songs on here and it was pretty painful but the beats I heard were incredibly mediocre. Cant see why someone would call you an idiot over it, but.

The ones I heard were almost positively made with fruityloops as the drum engine and acid as the sequencer or maybe even fruity or cool edit for both. There are thousands of kids on soundclick and zebox (is that still around) that have songs that sound exactly like this, absolutely off key vocals and mediocre beats, just search through em.

what songs did you like the beats on? now im curious

TheWorstPlayer
08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
OMFG, this thread is hysterical. If I were Diablo I would be pissing in my pants and rolling on the floor laughing at what I had started here. Barron, you manage to make yourself look so stupid by not getting it when people are joking on here, it's priceless. Thanks!

Enon
08-24-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know what really makes me sad....

the fact that the beats are very good. good drum lines, good bass, and accompanyments. this guy is just unable to maintain anything resembling a flow and his voice is HORRIBLE over the beats. if THIS GUY has a contract and kanye then [censored] man, i dont know what to say other than that is just unreal.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Your inability to apply your skepticism and logical rigor at the poker table to real life far fetched claims still amazes me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You really think Kanye is considering wasting his time on this guy? El Diablo started this rumor for fun and it is not confirmed anywhere else.

Equal
08-24-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your inability to apply your skepticism and logical rigor at the poker table to real life far fetched claims still amazes me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You really think Kanye is considering wasting his time on this guy? El Diablo started this rumor for fun and it is not confirmed anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, who ruins the joke? I mean, honestly!

DcifrThs
08-24-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMFG, this thread is hysterical. If I were Diablo I would be pissing in my pants and rolling on the floor laughing at what I had started here. Barron, you manage to make yourself look so stupid by not getting it when people are joking on here, it's priceless. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

-Barron