PDA

View Full Version : Top pair, meet maniac

ghostface
08-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Villain is 82/40/3.3

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Is it necessary to call down?

mcvalenc
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
3 bet the turn, he's a lunatic with those stats.

JrJordan
08-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes.

poker-penguin
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
This guy seems to have almost never met a hand he didn't like.

Definately call it down, and depending on the other guy involved, throw another raise or two in there (especially on the turn to get to CO out unless he has a very good hand).

StellarWind
08-19-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the turn, he's a lunatic with those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not necessary and I would just calldown. The board is very dangerous and we will often be outdrawn even when we are ahead. Our pot equity is not that great.

The maniac is not pushing us out by launching a continuous assult. He seems to be trying to keep us involved with the hand and I suspect that he really has something this time.

This illustrates how important it is to observe the maniac in action. We have stats but no characteristic betting patterns to help us read this situation. What does bet-call, checkraise means for this particular player? My experience is that most maniacs don't use it on a regular basis.

wackjob
08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't raise here, its dumb. Solid play against a maniac means only pushing monsters. When a maniac plays back and you hold a hand you want to showdown, you should call down. Playing back with a scary board with TP is going to get you in trouble.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When a maniac plays back and you hold a hand you want to showdown, you should call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

however if it were HU and the turn was a non Q club, i might 3bet. they like to suddenly go nuts on draws.

Vee Quiva
08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Any reads on the cutoff who has called every bet in this escapade?
Smells like a big hand.

NLSoldier
08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

however if it were HU and the turn was a non Q club, i might 3bet. they like to suddenly go nuts on draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be just the opposite. The Queen being a club is all the more reason to 3bet. This maniac would have 3bet the flop with a flush draw, and probably with a Q as well, so pretty much everything points to him having a lone big club.