PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with this hand?

ahnuld
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Not trying to be results oriented, just checking my line. 400nl on prima. I have opponent covered who has about 350.
He min riases UTG, I call with 78 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

36 in pot. He leads for 12. I make it 48. He reraises to 84. I push for his last 250

Huhmare
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
I would definitely just call his bet. You get excellent odds. Now you are dog against top pair or better. If he comes out betting huge on the turn and you missed, just fold. Otherwise make him pay. Non spade 6 would be a nice card. :P

JKratzer
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I think in this spot you were a little too aggressive. You have a good draw and he makes it cheap, keep it that way. If you had open ended str8 flush draw, I might advocate your line, but as it is you're a coinflip against all pairs higher than you, and you're dominated by sets and higher flush draws.

JKratzer

ahnuld
08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think in this spot you were a little too aggressive. You have a good draw and he makes it cheap, keep it that way. If you had open ended str8 flush draw, I might advocate your line, but as it is you're a coinflip against all pairs higher than you, and you're dominated by sets and higher flush draws.

JKratzer

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very possible, I was running bad this morning and may have been looking to get it back in one hand by just getting allin. I think this is a leak of mine when im losing, I overplay my draws.

savman
08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

JKratzer

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very possible, I was running bad this morning and may have been looking to get it back in one hand by just getting allin. I think this is a leak of mine when im losing, I overplay my draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

i concurr that u should take the odds he gave u with a his donkraise. i wouldnt be surprised if this guy turned over top set given his action. all players have different betting patterns but minpf, weakflop, donkraise, often times is fishese for "i have a rockcrusher i want to keep u in the hand." also, he will likely give u good odds on the turn if u dont hit and he is likely stacking regardless of what cards come.

The Truth
08-19-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely just call his bet. You get excellent odds. Now you are dog against top pair or better. If he comes out betting huge on the turn and you missed, just fold. Otherwise make him pay. Non spade 6 would be a nice card. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree