PDA

View Full Version : Look at me, I'm raising my overcards, Wheeee!

KeysrSoze
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Crap, I posted this in the wrong forum at first. Deleted it. There was a thread like this a week or so ago, but I cant find it, so more clutter. You like this line?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop:Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K/images/graemlins/club.gif . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UGT+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">KeysrSoze raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UGT+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">KeysrSoze raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UGT+2 folds, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">KeysrSoze bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">KeysrSoze bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

UTG+1, UTG+2 and MP2 are basically fishy calling stations. I doubt UTG+1 would open bet trip 7's, probably has a 3 or some low pp. UTG+2 and MP2, from observing their play have... any 2 cards. I'm getting 16:1 to call on my relatively clean overcards. I think raising is better here. Turn standard. River I pretty much have to value bet right?

hemstock
08-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Don't raise. You are last to act and you are still on a draw. Nobody is folding.

2+2 Junkie
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I probably would have called the flop, then raised the turn when he continued betting. Raising doesn't seem that good of an option, since there are 6 players so someone probably has trips and someone will have a flush draw as well.

jrz1972
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
The flop raise is fine. You're definitely going to call so you might as well go for a free card against your passive opponents.

I think I'm going to be weak and check down the river. After seeing the action, I know your hand was good, but I was putting UTG+1 on a 3. God only knows what MP2 is in here with, but he's not calling with a busted flush draw.

Baloosh
08-19-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise. You are last to act and you are still on a draw. Nobody is folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding to get people out. With nobody showing strength, isn't this a value bet -- with what is likely still the best hand?

Over all the 89o, KTo, Q8s, etc. hands out there -- I would raise here as well, and also would not expect anyone to fold anyone out with my raise.

MaxPowerzz
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...er... I don't think he's last to act here...The SB and BB are still behind him and could have been planning on check-raising with their trip 7s. I see this play alot in micro limit games. He could also fold out a gutshot draw from SB or BB (even though they are getting ~9:1)

KeysrSoze
08-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Actually, I had no illusions that I was ahead right now, or that any of the players already in on the turn would fold for another bet, but I felt they were passive enough, the pot was big enough, and I had enough outs to try for a free card on the turn. I'd like a free turn if a brick hits, or at least a cheap turn if a heart hits. The ol' slowplay trips move is my main concern with all the people in the pot though, like you mention Maxx.

eviljeff
08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
*grunch*

flop raise is good with bdfd
turn bet standard
river is a crappy card, but I'd still value bet it.

Redd
08-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't understand why you think your passive Villain is leading a pair of 3s into a pfred 6-person field.

Baloosh
08-19-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I had no illusions that I was ahead right now, or that any of the players already in on the turn would fold for another bet, but I felt they were passive enough, the pot was big enough, and I had enough outs to try for a free card on the turn. I'd like a free turn if a brick hits, or at least a cheap turn if a heart hits. The ol' slowplay trips move is my main concern with all the people in the pot though, like you mention Maxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

What outs did you think you had?

If you're scared of a slowplayed 7, then your only outs are runner-runner flush (which does not pair the board, which actually can't happen on this flop) or runner-runner KK/AA. Or am I missing some outs?

KeysrSoze
08-19-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you think your passive Villain is leading a pair of 3s into a pfred 6-person field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Never seen him bet a pair that low in the session. He did show down 66 though.

I'm not scared of the 7 per se, I know its a possibility but not likely, and I'm going to find out pretty quick anyway and can release the hand on the turn (at least if a heart doesnt hit) when anyone plays back at me.