PDA

View Full Version : This Spot Always Kicks My Ass!

AL5AcE
08-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi guys. So the situation is, I raise PF and get heads up with overcards -> bet flop -> develop a draw on the turn and bet out because I'm not sure if my opponent really made anything and if he did I'd still have outs. Then he raises me and I have to call and then fold the river. I hate it:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

So does anyone do anything different in this situation? This hand might not be that good of an example because with that flop, one might make the case to not bet the turn? But if you don't bet how can you win the hand UI in case he has a muckable hand? Also, if you don't bet the turn and he bets into you, you won't be getting the odds to draw and you'll be folding live outs...

Also, if that flop came with a J instead of K, it will be an easy call on the turn raise and then fold or call river depending on read, right? Thanks.

Edit: I messed up a little bit there. If I was in position on the turn, it'll be an easy check behind and fold to river bet, right?