PDA

View Full Version : What kind of line here?

Poker_Ink
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
I am playing 1/2 NL at the Flamingo, full table.

If you know anything about these games, they are extremily loose, and very easy money. The only problem is that the loose players make bad beats happen quite often. In this hand, I have reads on both the SB and BB, but the MP player is new. SB and BB are very loose, and both will be out with their flush draws, and will call any size bet with an A or with a flush draw. MP has shown one hand, K5o, which he called $17 raise with, when he angrily lost with second pair.

I am UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif I have about $300 in front of me. Folded to me, I make it $11 to go. MP calls, with about $95 behind. Two others call, and SB and BB call, SB with about $185, BB with $400.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB comes out with a $25 bet. BB calls. I call, hoping to see a safe club so I can pound the turn. then, MP min-raises to $50. Here, I still feel confident I have the best hand, for what he showed before and just how he acted. The blinds both call, and I call hoping for a safe turn still.

The turn is the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Wonderful. Both blinds check, so I bet a strait $100. Mp calls all-in, and both the blinds call.

The river comes the K /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB goes all-in for his last $35. The BB thinks and calls. I call.

What could/should I have done differently. Furthermore, should I even call this last bet? The pot is huge by now. I KNEW I was beat, but I felt I had to call here rergardless.

DrLAXLAX
08-19-2005, 10:38 AM
If games are lose as you say, then play your hands like this much more agressive. Only then you can expect someone to fold. In this hand if I were you I would bet allin, bcoz you wouldnt fold on river anyway. And that allin maybe can take off some chasers. And I should bet flop much harder, if raised then.... depend on your feeling.

kevkev60614
08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
The Dr's right. Going all in on the turn you're still betting less than the pot, so it's not a crazy huge bet. You're going to put it all in on the river anyway, and here you might induce draws to fold.