we settled on it being the egg mcmuffin or the white castle slider,

close victory by the egg mcmuffin

thoughts?

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the slider was in your top two and it was close, then you're all idiots.

TheIrishThug
08-19-2005, 08:50 AM
for me its the chicken selects/strips/whatever the other places call it. if i'm having breakfast its the egg mcmuffin, but that isn't that often.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
The Egg McMuffin is very good. There are BOBs I prefer, but I'll give the McMuffin its due. With that said, White Castle should never even enter into this discussion. I'm putting almost anything off a Taco Cabana menu in as my vote.

RunDownHouse
08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
The Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McGriddle is easily the best thing on McDonald's entire menu.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McGriddle is easily the best thing on McDonald's entire menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing with this statement, but it's not saying much either.

canis582
08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Breakfast: Burger King French Toast Sticks

Lunch (on sunday) : KFC 2 piece dark with cheesemac and potato wedges.

Dinner: Wendy's #4 (BBC)

Of course I live in SE PA so the sandwich shops here make going to mcdonalds, or any other fast food a waste of stomach space.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
It's clearly the steak burrito from Chipotle, followed by the Sausage McMuffin w/ Egg, and Hashbrowns. In places where you can get them, good fried cheese curds trump everything.

For people who have Papa John's (Taco Bell-ish place in MN/WI), I don't eat any of the food there (or at Taco Bell), except the Potato Olés there are the absolute best potato based food in the entire world.

megantw
08-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar with horsey sauce on the side, obviously.

exist
08-19-2005, 09:24 AM
double cheese burger from in-n-out.

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Breakfast: Ham, egg, and cheese Croissandwhich at BK

Dinner: Arby's roast beef and swiss

Snack: KFC/A&W chili cheese fries (very bad for you though) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you gotten the Double Croissandwich?

CrazyEyez
08-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Arby's roast beef. No cheddar, no swiss, ample Arby's sauce.
Their chicken strips are quite good also.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Happy B-Day, CrazyEyez.

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you gotten the Double Croissandwich?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that thing scares me. Looks tasty but I'd probably eat the whole thing and regret it.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, that thing scares me. Looks tasty but I'd probably eat the whole thing and regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're very good, and not that much bigger. Are you thinking of that ultimate omelette sandwich thing? those are too big, and really not that good anyway.

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah I was thinking of that new big one. I'll have to try the regular double, never have.

CrazyEyez
08-19-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Happy B-Day, CrazyEyez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, pops.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's clearly the steak burrito from Chipotle, followed by the Sausage McMuffin w/ Egg, and Hashbrowns. In places where you can get them, good fried cheese curds trump everything.

Chipotle? You must live in an area that doesn't have Freebirds. Because it blows it out of the water.
For people who have Papa John's (Taco Bell-ish place in MN/WI), I don't eat any of the food there (or at Taco Bell), except the Potato Olés there are the absolute best potato based food in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chipotle? You must live in an area that doesn't have Freebirds. Because it blows it out of the water.
For people who have Papa John's (Taco Bell-ish place in MN/WI),

Quoting is hard I don't eat any of the food there (or at Taco Bell), except the Potato Olés there are the absolute best potato based food in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Stop that.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For people who have Papa John's (Taco Bell-ish place in MN/WI),

Quoting is hard I don't eat any of the food there (or at Taco Bell), except the Potato Olés there are the absolute best potato based food in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop that.

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Taco Johns. Papa John's is pizza. Taco John's is popular after the bar/party just like White Castle, it's basically a greasier version of Taco Bell.

DukeSucks
08-19-2005, 09:54 AM
I still gotta go with one of these:

http://www.bojangles.com/bojangles/contactUs/images/topImage.jpg

or

http://www.eatmorechicken.com/graphics/chickwich_ani.gif

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's basically a greasier version of Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

so like del taco then?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Taco Johns. Papa John's is pizza. Taco John's is popular after the bar/party just like White Castle, it's basically a greasier version of Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooops. Yes. This is what I meant. Papa John's is disgusting. Taco John's is disgusting with the exception of one awesome awesome item.

davelin
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Hardee's Monster Burger

RunDownHouse
08-19-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle and In-N-Out

[/ QUOTE ]
Regionals don't count, which sadly makes an item from the best overall fast food place, Jack in the Box, ineligible.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hardee's Monster Burger

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good. They still have it? Or do they just let you call one of their thickburgers a monster burger and you're happy? Remember the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger? That was the best burger ever out of a fast food place.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger? That was the best burger ever out of a fast food place.

[/ QUOTE ]

At Jack in the Crack. They still have them. I always went for the triple myself. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Those Ciabatta burgers at Jack in the Box are all pretty dam good.

But my vote has to be for the beef dip sub at Quiznos.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those Ciabatta burgers

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they? I haven't had them.

young nut
08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Burger King used to have the best item of all, and it was cheap, but saddly they removed it from their menu a few years back. I think it was called the western rodeo burger or somethin. It just a cheeseburger with a few onion rings smothered in BBQ sauce - outstanding.

Anyhow, I still get them. just order 2 cheeseburgers for 2 bux and a thing of onion rings and combine. Easily the best fast food item, although In-and-out is wonderful. Too bad they don't have any stored here in the southeast.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
I think I am spelling it right, but Ciabatta rolls are the bread they use as buns which is better than the average stuff.

They have an italin style Chicken one with like basil, tomatoes, red onion is really good. They also have burgers with that bread that are pretty tasty.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah I used to get that BBQ burger too, I think here in Texas they called it a Bulls-eye burger or something because they used Bulls-eye sauce.

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's basically a greasier version of Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

so like del taco then?

[/ QUOTE ]

del taco? I don't think we have those around here.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I am guessing that they must be regional but

Taco Cabana is the greatest fast food mexican there is.

ChipWrecked
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Burger King used to have the best item of all, and it was cheap, but saddly they removed it from their menu a few years back. I think it was called the western rodeo burger or somethin. It just a cheeseburger with a few onion rings smothered in BBQ sauce - outstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still available at Carl's Jr. as the Western Burger.

ChipWrecked
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle and In-N-Out

[/ QUOTE ]
Regionals don't count, which sadly makes an item from the best overall fast food place, Jack in the Box, ineligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would knock out OP's WC Slider as well... even if you combined the South's own Krystal with WC, you still are regional. Oh well.

CollinEstes
08-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Krystal is the single worse thing I have ever put into my mouth.

MercTec
08-19-2005, 10:48 AM
How has the Wendy's Spicy Chicken not been mentioned yet?

M2d
08-19-2005, 10:50 AM
chili fingers from wendy's

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an awesome sandwhich, no doubt. And a small frosty.

Los Feliz Slim
08-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Double Double from In-N-Out.

Question keeps getting asked, the correct answer remains the same.

davelin
08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hardee's Monster Burger

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good. They still have it? Or do they just let you call one of their thickburgers a monster burger and you're happy? Remember the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger? That was the best burger ever out of a fast food place.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of mid-May they still had the Monster burger I believe. Haven't had the UBC...

coffeecrazy1
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
The $1.09 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's
The Popcorn Chicken from KFC

sfer
08-19-2005, 10:56 AM
A bacon-wrapped hotdog with American cheese and a fried egg from Crif Dog.

DMBFan23
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking this, thank heaven I came upon your reply.

http://www.wendys.com/food/images/nutrition/product/119.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm waiting to hear from the Chik-fil-A contingent now, so we can get an argument over which is the better [censored]-on-a-bun.

megantw
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Does this fall under the "fast food" category? Although it's prepared quickly, I think Crif Dog falls under the same category as Shake Shack (er, not fast food) because everything is made to order with tender, loving care.

sfer
08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
It's a hot dog, not Le Haute Dog.

DMBFan23
08-19-2005, 11:09 AM
chick fil-a is delicious, don't get me wrong, but this is like arguing blonde versus brunette...it's just aesthetics baby.

personally I like to mix it up, but wendy's are more prevalent where I'm at

megantw
08-19-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not "a hot dog". It's an all-beef dog wrapped in bacon, then fried and placed on a griddle-toasted bun with the toppings of your choice.

Soul Daddy
08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting to hear from the Chik-fil-A contingent now, so we can get an argument over which is the better [censored]-on-a-bun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this deserves its own thread!

BottlesOf
08-19-2005, 11:11 AM
The cheese fries there pwn.

Soul Daddy
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not "a hot dog". It's an all-beef dog wrapped in bacon, then fried and placed on a griddle-toasted bun with the toppings of your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
drool

touchfaith
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
There use to be a place here called 'Neagles', or something like that.

Everything there sucked. Bad.

But, they had one decent item....The Super Macho Egg Burrito.

There had to be no fewer then 6 eggs, cheese, hot sauce and papa's in these things and there was basically no way in hell you where going to eat one while driving (we use to get them on the way fishing).

I probably missed sun-up fishing 3/4 of the time because of these damn things.

And now I want one.

I hate this thread

hawkeye
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
The double-double from In-N-Out is good, but when I really need to be satisfied I go for the 4x4, animal style.

Eat, rub belly, sleep.

megantw
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The cheese fries there pwn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tater tots are the way to go.

BillNye
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
milkshakes

BottlesOf
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Sup Internet!

vulturesrow
08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Patrick,

I ate at Taco Johns for the first time a couple weeks ago in Reno. The Potato Oles are astoundingly good, esp. with the cheese sauce. I also had the fried burrito with it, which was strictly average.

Colonel Kataffy
08-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I went to In and Out Burger for the first time the other day. The burger was fine, but my god, what is wrong with those fries. Clearly the worst fries ever. It was astounding. Really, they are just mind boggling bad.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to In and Out Burger for the first time the other day. The burger was fine, but my god, what is wrong with those fries. Clearly the worst fries ever. It was astounding. Really, they are just mind boggling bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll second this one. I've never had worse fries in my life than at In-N-Out. They are an abomination.

CrazyEyez
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In and Out has got to be the most overrated fast food place.

PITTM
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we were discussing this in my office today

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

chicken fries. and i dont think its close.

rj

benza13
08-19-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyhow, I still get them. just order 2 cheeseburgers for 2 bux and a thing of onion rings and combine. Easily the best fast food item, although In-and-out is wonderful. Too bad they don't have any stored here in the southeast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BKs around here definitely still have the Rodeo Cheeseburger, I know because I love it. I get it almost every time I go there and the best part is that its $.99.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken used to be my favorite, but I have to say that BK's Spicy Tendercrisp is better. Its spicier and the chicken tastes better.

canis582
08-19-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still gotta go with one of these:

http://www.bojangles.com/bojangles/contactUs/images/topImage.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the northern most Bojangles near my apt. It is truely a treat...BUT they don't do breakfast.

08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Regional - Skyline chili, cheese coney no onion.

National - Wendys double

ThisHo
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In and Out has got to be the most overrated fast food place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy! May you die a slow painful death at the hands of your worst enemy's dog!

That said... yes, the In&Out Fries suck. The use actual potatoes and then fry them with little or no coating. Its sad.

However, 4*4 and a Strawberry Shake is a fantastic fast food treat.

~ThisHo

Dex
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooops. Yes. This is what I meant. Papa John's is disgusting. Taco John's is disgusting with the exception of one awesome awesome item.

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct answer is actually the Potato Olé Burrito from Taco John's. All other responses are incorrect. End of thread.

Edit: More specifically, the "Crunchy Chicken & Potato Burrito (http://tacojohns.com/HTML/Food/Burritos/crunchychix&potburrito.htm)".

goofball
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
White Castle should be forcefed to prisonsers at Guantanomo when we want to extract information.

For people who live between Salem and Centrailia, the best fast food item is far and away the oregon blackberry milkshake from Burgerville.

For everyone else, it's the western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr./Hardees

DasLeben
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Double-double (and no, it's not close).

08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

chicken fries. and i dont think its close.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

You like the Chicken Fries at Burger King ? They aren't even really chicken fries. It's more like you are eating cardboard or something. There's nothing there to eat.

08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Chick-fil-A has cheese fries and tater tots ? I've never been to a Bojangles, In-N-Out or a Jack-in-the-box ? Or anything else you California people have. I've driven by a Jack-in-the-Box in another state but didn't go eat there.

wonderwes
08-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I am jealous of anyone on the east coast living near a white castle, and anyone in california next to a In-n-Out or Fat Burger.

08-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I live 1 mile away from a white castle. You don't have White Castle ?

MrTrik
08-19-2005, 08:01 PM
We have WC but not many of them in MN. Nearest one to me is probably 8 miles, the others are much farther away. It was our after bar grease when I was younger though.

DrNo888
08-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Popeye's mild 4 pcs chicken with a side of Etoufee and gumbo along with a large Cherry Coke. Smother the chicken with the Louisiana hot sauce.

Sightless
08-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Wendeys Chilli

SCfuji
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Benholio
08-19-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking this, thank heaven I came upon your reply.

http://www.wendys.com/food/images/nutrition/product/119.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The chicken nuggets at Wendy's are the best of the chicken nugget/strip/etc type items, too.

Tron
08-19-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll second this one. I've never had worse fries in my life than at In-N-Out. They are an abomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, I like the fries at In N Out a lot.

08-19-2005, 08:44 PM
McD's chicken nuggets are much better than Wendy's. Even if it is fake meat.

08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
While we are talking about junk food, whatever happened to Tangy Taffy. That was some good candy when I was younger. I can't find it these days.

pokerdirty
08-19-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

the BEST one item?

Arby's Curly fries. thread over.