PDA

View Full Version : WorkWare Poker Compiler

AmericanAirlines
04-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Anyone out there know of any problem with the old WorkWare Poker Compiler?

Seems like a good way to simulate strategies, though I doubt that it has all the player profiles that TTHE has.

But, to someone programmee like me, the interface is intuitive.

Sincerely,
AA

jacobl
04-02-2003, 11:39 AM
I've never used this but I've played with the concept and looked over the code, especially for the example profile they released. I broke ground on a project very similar to this one. It's actually very nifty and let's you script and build up players anyway you want much like this one does. It also has a way of setting up profiles similar to how TTH approaches the problem (ie practicaly brute force) I never got around to completely finishing it as I'm pretty busy. I wanted to provide as many ways of governing player behavior as I could. My intention was to release it open source and let others with more poker experience create the profiles. When it's all said and done that's the only judge of how well it can play, how experienced its profiles are. I also looked over those papers the Poki/Loki people published in an effort to write up my own AI. Alas, time is money though. I'm curious to know how effective people find tools like this as it does seem targetted at a vary small, albeit quite existant, group of people - programming poker players.