PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to beat your Dad up ?

08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Crap. Screwed up title.

KaneKungFu123
08-19-2005, 05:13 AM
yes.

08-19-2005, 05:15 AM
me too

yellowjack
08-19-2005, 05:17 AM
My dad could kick my ass so badly it isn't even funny.

08-19-2005, 05:21 AM
I don't know where my Dad is but he has to be about 64 or so. I think I could take him. I'm positive I could.

MyMindIsGoing
08-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Killing him would be prefered.

yellowjack
08-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Mine is 48 so it's kind of different..

CrashPat
08-19-2005, 05:31 AM
My dad passed a couple of years ago at 48 with 4 of my siblings living at home after a 9 month battle with cancer. No I do not want to beat him up. I would give up most of the things I enjoy in order to be able to get his wisdom on various things in my life.

The only correct answer for me is NO.

Matty
08-19-2005, 05:32 AM
why are there more people saying yes than have voted yes?

08-19-2005, 05:41 AM
I want to beat my dad up with a the end of a door knob handle.

SammyKid11
08-19-2005, 05:48 AM
There is a time when I would have answered yes to this. My dad's a local celebrity in Houston...and while I was in JH and HS he was a raging alcoholic who wasn't good for [censored]. Since I went off to college several years back, he got in recovery and now I wouldn't trade a single day with him.

Condolences to the guy who lost his Dad...while I'm hoping I outlive mine, I am dreading the day I have to deal with that pain.

BusterStacks
08-19-2005, 07:39 AM
my dad's life is his own punishment.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 07:44 AM
I remember the exact moment i realized I wasn't scared of my father anymore. But I didn't want to beat him up then, and I was actually a little sad about it. I certainly don't now.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a time when I would have answered yes to this. My dad's a local celebrity in Houston...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not Mattress Mac is he? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have no idea why he came to mind. I also considered listing all the local newsmen there that everyone knows were alcoholics but I don't really want to know. Glad he's clean now.

craig r
08-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Wow, my dad is an alcoholic also and lives in Houston. He isn't Mattress Mac though. But, speaking of the Mac man, he had to come to my shcool when I was a kid as part of his probation and tell us to keep the "monkey off my back". It worked wonders. 4 years later I was dropping acid left and right.

craig

LSUfan1
08-19-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad passed a couple of years ago at 48 with 4 of my siblings living at home after a 9 month battle with cancer. No I do not want to beat him up. I would give up most of the things I enjoy in order to be able to get his wisdom on various things in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, all of the under 25 crowd in here will grow up and realize that their parents knew a lot more than they thought. Once this happens the answers to this post will drastically change!

For those with abusive fathers....continue to feel the way you do!

zoomOut
08-19-2005, 08:42 AM
wtf??....

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where my Dad is but he has to be about 64 or so. I think I could take him. I'm positive I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are breaking my heart /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I want to beat my dad up with a the end of a door knob handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or is this messed up? (if you're just kidding continue on)

vulturesrow
08-19-2005, 09:03 AM
No, I stopped caring that much a long time ago. I talk to my dad once every few months or so and I havent talked to my stepdad (who I always considered my "real father") in almost a year.

zoomOut
08-19-2005, 09:12 AM
why? Why don't you call your stepdad (is it just apathy or distance or what)?

I don't get parents that don't want to stay in touch with their kids. They have to have a self-centered brain-wiring thing going on there. Like a character flaw.

mslif
08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
My dad is an ex-Rugby player so my answer is no. He could beat the living crap out of me.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Let's just make sure this thread is strictly about beating up Dad and leave Pops out of it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vulturesrow
08-19-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why? Why don't you call your stepdad (is it just apathy or distance or what)?

I don't get parents that don't want to stay in touch with their kids. They have to have a self-centered brain-wiring thing going on there. Like a character flaw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a combination of distance and apathy. He moved back to his native country about a year ago and hasnt called or gotten in touch with me or my sister (who is child by birth). Basically its a recurring theme and I feel no desire or obligation to hunt him down. On the plus side, my experiences with crappy dads has definitely made work much harder at the whole Dad thing myself.

Rev. Good Will
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
i've tried beating up my dad a few times before, its hard though...
http://www2.gascp.com/starwars/pic/MagnetsDarthVaderFullBody.jpg

the cheap [censored]-hole just force-chokes me

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
No, I like my dad. Didn't use to though.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 10:13 AM
You forgot to switch to your gimmick account. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCass
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, all of the under 25 crowd in here will grow up and realize that their parents knew a lot more than they thought. Once this happens the answers to this post will drastically change!

For those with abusive fathers....continue to feel the way you do!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. If I am lucky, I will turn out to be half the man my father is. There isn't a person in the world I respect more.

Safe to say I voted no.

ThisHo
08-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I got lucky and have a good one, so no.

ThisHo

zephed
08-19-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't want to beat up my step-dad ("real" dad) nor my father.

goofball
08-19-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well said. If I am lucky, I will turn out to be half the man my father is. There isn't a person in the world I respect more.

Safe to say I voted no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

If someone who knows my dad professionally told me I was like him I would consider it the highest compliment.

M2d
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I wonder if Mat is going to chime in on this one.
and, no, I have absolutely no wish for harm to come to the greatest man I've ever known (my dad, not Mat's).

SammyKid11
08-19-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a time when I would have answered yes to this. My dad's a local celebrity in Houston...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why he came to mind. I also considered listing all the local newsmen there that everyone knows were alcoholics but I don't really want to know. Glad he's clean now.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - No, he's not Mac...though my dad and I actually know Jim (his first name) quite well...really nice guy. Anyway, not a newsman either -- I'm obviously not going to out my own father on a public forum, but that was an interesting guess.

imported_anacardo
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Been there, done that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

We're cool again, now, but I sincerely doubt he'll ever get it together.

DavidC
08-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow... I'm surprised at the number of "no" votes, even though I voted no myself. I felt kinda cheated that you couldn't vote for beating up both your dad and your mom.

Something kinda funny, my dad was a farm boy, and has kept a lot of the muscle, and I'm his spoiled suburbanite son... so he could definitely smoke me.

And yeah, even a few years ago I'd have loved to give him a few shots, but I probably would've felt bad about it afterwards.

What's going on that is giving you this aggression, bud? And ooc, how old are you? (24 here.)

TheCroShow
08-19-2005, 07:21 PM
this thread should be worded "Do you want to beat up your Dad."

DavidC
08-19-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Mat is going to chime in on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, that would be SO sweet!

Hell, I'd like to hear it even if he said, "Well, not my dad, but Mason's been getting on my nerves lately..."

M2d
08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this thread should be worded "Do you want to beat up your Dad."

[/ QUOTE ]
true. he lives in hawaii and I'm in california, so I pretty much beat him up every day, since my alarm is set for 230 hawaii time.

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
there have been some times, but ultimately no.

i definitely could though. my dad used to play rugby, but he was a small winger. my dad is 5 11 180 and im 6 4 210. i look much thinner than 210 though.

gorie
08-19-2005, 09:23 PM
no. both of my parents are awesome and i /images/graemlins/heart.gif them.

Turkish
08-19-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
I think it's entirely possible that my 70 year old Dad could take me, and I am not a wuss. He's second generation American and still gets up at something like 5:00AM to go to his business, and I imagine he'll do it until the day he drops.

He's my hero and role model, and if I am half the man my father is I am lucky.

I tell him I love him every time we talk on the phone, partially because it's true and partially because it freaks him out and makes him go "Ummmmm.....OK.....yeah....." and it's hilarious.

08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow, twice as many want to beat their mom up over their dad. That's interesting.

Willluck
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
my dad is such a prick. I do want to beat him up, but I just don't know if I would if I had the chance. I think I could, and I want to but I just am too much of a pussy.

wonderwes
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mattress MAc is a Houston icon. Everyone know's him across town. He did a lot of drug traffic many years ago, but never really got caught, which helped make Gallery Furniture as big as it is today.

Moral of the story. Sell a lot of narcotics for a short period, and open a furniture store,

imported_CaseClosed326
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to beat my dad up until I read this. This quote pretty much sums things up.

08-19-2005, 10:37 PM
My Dad could be dead for all I know. He might actually be. I'll never know.