PDA

View Full Version : Stupid fish (bad beat post)

Larimani
08-19-2005, 04:24 AM
ARGHRGHG stupid fish.

yes, it's a bad beat post.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$25) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

CO ($21.65)
Hero ($24.40)
SB ($15.46)
BB ($46.45)
UTG ($38.57)
MP ($53.39)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2.65</font>, BB calls $2.50, UTG calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises all-in ($12.71)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls $12.71, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises all-in ($16.40)</font>, UTG calls $8.94.

Flop: ($69.76) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($69.76) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($69.76) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $69.76.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Ah (a pair of sixes.)
SB has Tc Jc (two pairs, jacks and sixes.)
UTG has Ts 8s (two pairs, eights and sixes.)
UTG wins $17.88.
SB wins $49.88.
</font>

wtfsvi
08-19-2005, 04:27 AM
Stupid fish indeed.

You should be happy though, not sad. Because you know their screennames.

BZ_Zorro
08-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Stop beating up on yourself, everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

BZ_Zorro
08-19-2005, 04:44 AM
You didn't even have a 50% chance of winning:

Hand 1: 46.7502 % { AhQs }
Hand 2: 31.3740 % { JcTc }
Hand 3: 21.8758 % { Ts8s }

Larimani
08-19-2005, 04:47 AM
incorrect. i lost the main pot AND the side pot.

08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
If they're really bad, I think you can find a better spot to get your money in. I don't think you need to get into a raising war here.

I think somewhere in supersystem (this might have been in a different book, I don't remember), Doyle Brunson tells a story about getting into a raising war with a drunk when he had just a small edge. The drunk hit his flush and even though Brunson was a favorite, he lost all his money. The moral of the story was that against a really bad player you should wait until you know your edge is really big.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 05:09 AM
incorrect. I take all edges at 25NL. It's not like I'm playing with my whole bankroll in front of me.

08-19-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
incorrect. I take all edges at 25NL. It's not like I'm playing with my whole bankroll in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to accept losing once in awhile when you're the favorite.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to accept losing once in awhile when you're the favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.

Malachii
08-19-2005, 05:40 AM
Hmmm, lets see...

[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually limp behind here at a full table. Short handed, this is standard.

[ QUOTE ]
SB raises to $2.65, BB calls $2.50, UTG calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. SB says he has something good here. You don't mention any read. AQo versus a reraise sucks. Pokerstove AQo equity versus TT+/AJ+. My hunch is that you're looking in a number in the high 30's, and that's only because I threw in AJ. Still, you have position + excellent pot odds, so this is an easy call IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises to $6.50, SB raises all-in ($12.71), 1 folds, UTG calls $12.71, 1 folds, Hero raises all-in ($16.40), UTG calls $8.94.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad in my opion. I'm really not sure what you're doing here.

FWIW, my basic philosophy these days on preflop all ins (and this includes 6 max) is that, barring an unusual read, I absolutely will not go to the felt with anything less than KK preflop. This is not a tournament, this is not the WPT, and AQo is NOT a big enough hand to go broke with.

Figure out what your pot equity would be against any two reasonable Villains here, given their likely hand range.

Oh, and add these guys to your buddy list /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malachii
08-19-2005, 05:51 AM
By the way, I've been reading over some of the archives in the SnG forum and I think reading this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1825403&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=) will help give you some excellent perspective. Good luck.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SB raises to $2.65, BB calls $2.50, UTG calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. SB says he has something good here. You don't mention any read. AQo versus a reraise sucks. Pokerstove AQo equity versus TT+/AJ+. My hunch is that you're looking in a number in the high 30's, and that's only because I threw in AJ. Still, you have position + excellent pot odds, so this is an easy call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought BB, UTG &amp; MP were loose callers... so performed a squeeze play to pick up the dead money.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises to $6.50, SB raises all-in ($12.71), 1 folds, UTG calls $12.71, 1 folds, Hero raises all-in ($16.40), UTG calls $8.94.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad in my opion. I'm really not sure what you're doing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the table is full of fish. I see these calls as very weak. I know they haven't got anything and they're just calling because they think they're pot commited. I bet less than what SB had in front of him because I knew he would go all-in, the idiots behind would call and I could reraise all-in again for squeeze play #2. You might disagree with me, but I don't think I played this hand badly. Note: this table was full of fish. Not a single decent player.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I've been reading over some of the archives in the SnG forum and I think reading this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1825403&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=) will help give you some excellent perspective. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - yeah, I read this post more or less everyday... Probably the best post on 2+2 forums ever... (apart from the 5-yr-olds thread on OOT of course /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)
I do want to point out that this is my first (and I hope last) bad beat post.
I have gotten much better with bad beats and they don't really affect me too much anymore. This was one of the time when it did. I still need to work on this.

Malachii
08-19-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You might disagree with me, but I don't think I played this hand badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do disagree, but that's okay. I don't post on this forum to impose my views on others, but rather to develop my own game.

[ QUOTE ]
I see these calls as very weak. I know they haven't got anything and they're just calling because they think they're pot commited. I bet less than what SB had in front of him because I knew he would go all-in, the idiots behind would call and I could reraise all-in again for squeeze play #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that AQo is almost never going to be more than a 2-1 favorite against the SB, I would suggest simply pushing to the reraise if you're going to try a squeeze here to maximize your fold equity. I would never make this play though.

08-19-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm not sure this is really a bad beat post as much as a crazy/bizarre hand post. I mean you got all you money in with A-Qo preflop in a three way pot. I expect to lose that hand 90% of the time.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do disagree, but that's okay. I don't post on this forum to impose my views on others, but rather to develop my own game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very honorable.

[ QUOTE ]
Given that AQo is almost never going to be more than a 2-1 favorite against the SB, I would suggest simply pushing to the reraise if you're going to try a squeeze here to maximize your fold equity. I would never make this play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want fold equity here... I'm value betting vs. these clowns.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure this is really a bad beat post as much as a crazy/bizarre hand post. I mean you got all you money in with A-Qo preflop in a three way pot. I expect to lose that hand 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please look at the betting pattern, note that there are only 2 people raising and the others are merely calling.

08-19-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please look at the betting pattern, note that there are only 2 people raising and the others are merely calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, honest. But I don't think you're being honest enough with yourself on this hand. You posted this as a bad beat post because you wanted everyone to see what a great play you made against two idiots and how lucky they got. They are without doubt idiots, but I think you have to look at your own play. I can almost guarentee you that 90% of the people who read your post were wondering what you thought you were doing here. You can try to explain it all you want, but you're really only defending it. Dig deeper into your own play and be self-critical. There's just no justification for the way you played this hand. It turns out that you happened to have the best hand preflop, but honestly, how many times is that going to happen? I expect to see at least 2-2 a fair number of times here...Be honest with yourself. If you keep doing things like this, you're going to lose a lot of money. And again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, so please don't take it that way.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Thank you for your reply. I did not see your posts as being confrontational. I can disagree with you and not think you're a jerk. I can also disagree with you and think in the back of my mind that you might be right. This is all just a thought exercise... and debate is highly encouraged.

Malachii
08-19-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want fold equity here... I'm value betting vs. these clowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to pokerstove, your equity versus Villain's range of hands (which I set at any pocket pair, AK-ATo,KQ-KTo,QJ-QTo, JTo, T9s, 98s) is 54%. This is an extremely thin value bet (and very high variance, you'll be taking quite a few of these "bad beats" with plays like this). Frankly, if your opponents are this bad, you really don't need to be making plays like this, as there are far easier ways to get their money.

If you're going to reraise here, I think these numbers show that the play is clearly to push and maximize your chances of winning without a showdown, because any time all your opponents fold you win by default.

Anyways, thank you for the kind words. I'm off to sleep, but I hope you'll be able to learn something of value from this hand.

savman
08-19-2005, 09:59 AM
this is a retarded post eclipsed only by the manner in which hero played the hand.

sammy_g
08-19-2005, 10:40 AM
*yawn*

This is really not that bad a beat.

I think you overplayed your hand despite what everyone had.

Posts like this aren't very useful unless you're looking for criticism of your play, in which case don't post results.

btetreau
08-19-2005, 10:50 AM
yup, they are dumb fish.

but i think that it was a bad play to raise pre-flop any one of the three times. AQo is not that good of a hand, and is easily stackable from AK. just call the first time a raise comes to you, and let it go on the flop. also, considering that there were multiple other people involved.... you will lose this a vast majority of the time, even against bad players.

08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note: this table was full of fish. Not a single decent player.

[/ QUOTE ]

BZ_Zorro
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note: this table was full of fish. Not a single decent player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao

08-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Um, pretty sure that I would not try a squeeze against a reraise.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Isn't the aim of poker to take the actions you would take if you were able to see your opponent's cards and to force your opponents to not take similar actions and therefore make "mistakes"? (cf. Theory of Poker, Sklansky)

Therefore, how can you say that I played badly?? I may have had information that you are not exposed to that made me believe I was in front of all villains, and I was right. I played my hand as I would have done if I had seen everyone's cards. My play/read, far from being bad, was perfect. And I got lucked out on by fish.

Regardless, the original aim of this post was not to show how BAD a beat it was... or how bad/great my play was... it was just to show that 25NL party idiots are willing to go to the felt with junk.

sammy_g
08-19-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the aim of poker to take the actions you would take if you were able to see your opponent's cards and to force your opponents to not take similar actions and therefore make "mistakes"? (cf. Theory of Poker, Sklansky)

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's to make the best play against the RANGE of hands your opponents could hold. This is the difference between correct play and "perfect" play. (cf. Ace on the River, Greenstein)

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, how can you say that I played badly??

[/ QUOTE ]
You're being results oriented.

[ QUOTE ]
I may have had information that you are not exposed to that made me believe I was in front of all villains, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a copout. It's an explaination that cannot be proven/disproven. I see people use this excuse for bad play all the time. Did they show you their cards?

You're being results oriented.

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, the original aim of this post was not to show how BAD a beat it was... or how bad/great my play was...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't believe you. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
it was just to show that 25NL party idiots are willing to go to the felt with junk.

[/ QUOTE ]
We already knew this.

Did I mention you're being results oriented?

savman
08-19-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Therefore, how can you say that I played badly?? I may have had information that you are not exposed to that made me believe I was in front of all villains, and I was right. I played my hand as I would have done if I had seen everyone's cards. My play/read, far from being bad, was perfect. And I got lucked out on by fish.

Regardless, the original aim of this post was not to show how BAD a beat it was... or how bad/great my play was... it was just to show that 25NL party idiots are willing to go to the felt with junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

your play was perfect? earth to FTOP guy. imo your pf three bet was bad. real bad. u said something along the lines of you knew sb would go all in and u could perform another squeeze play. what in the world do u mean by this. are u suggestting that players, who have already called two bets pf, are calling sb all in and folding to your push after they have invested 50bb pf. dont think so. also, i find it amusing that BB cold call didnt even factor into your decision. i mean this cat cold called a reraise pf when he wasnt even close to closing the action. yea, he might be a fish, but fish "trap" with monsters just like that. then, when it gets back to you if u are playing PUSH! AQ off does not fare as well multiway.....god man, push and give urself a shot at getting it heads up. if u can get hu with an inferior hand and 40 or whatever bb of dead money in the middle that is a COUP for AQ off.

08-19-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Therefore, how can you say that I played badly?? I may have had information that you are not exposed to that made me believe I was in front of all villains, and I was right. I played my hand as I would have done if I had seen everyone's cards. My play/read, far from being bad, was perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "It turns out that I was right that I had the best hand; therefore, I was right to move all in."

To the extent this is results-oriented thinking, it can be dismissed out of hand as such. To the extent that it represents a philosophy: "get your $ in with the best hand," it is a misapplication of the philosophy. As it turns out, you had a better hand than either fish, but you were an underdog to the combination of their hands. Recognizing this fact, that you were basically an underdog to any two slightly non-random holdings, should have told you that the correct move was to fold, at the latest to the reraise.

I think the fact that hasn't sunk in for you yet is that your AQ was an underdog to the combination of these two hands; therefore, correct application of the fundamental theorem requires a fold.

But you could not see your opponent's cards, all you could see were their bets; and their bets were representing solid hands. Even granting that they are fish, these bets should have told you that they were holding decent cards, such that your AQ was an underdog to the combination of the two hands, and again, the correct action was to fold.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Therefore, how can you say that I played badly?? I may have had information that you are not exposed to that made me believe I was in front of all villains, and I was right. I played my hand as I would have done if I had seen everyone's cards. My play/read, far from being bad, was perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "It turns out that I was right that I had the best hand; therefore, I was right to move all in."

To the extent this is results-oriented thinking, it can be dismissed out of hand as such. To the extent that it represents a philosophy: "get your $ in with the best hand," it is a misapplication of the philosophy. As it turns out, you had a better hand than either fish, but you were an underdog to the combination of their hands. Recognizing this fact, that you were basically an underdog to any two slightly non-random holdings, should have told you that the correct move was to fold, at the latest to the reraise.

I think the fact that hasn't sunk in for you yet is that your AQ was an underdog to the combination of these two hands; therefore, correct application of the fundamental theorem requires a fold.

But you could not see your opponent's cards, all you could see were their bets; and their bets were representing solid hands. Even granting that they are fish, these bets should have told you that they were holding decent cards, such that your AQ was an underdog to the combination of the two hands, and again, the correct action was to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

one word: equity.

08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
The other thing you have to consider is that you were 46% to win this and thus getting the right odds, but that's because you got lucky that they happened to be sharing the 10. If idiot #1 had K-Jo and idiot #2 has 2-2, you're only 36% to win, which is about even. And if idiot #1 has K-Js and idiot #2 has 5-5, you're winning percentage goes down even more. In the actual hand, you happened to make the right play as far as the odds go, but only because they happened to be sharing the 10. It was not a perfect play. Give them any two hands where they're not sharing a card and it's breakeven at best. And there are a lot of hands that it's -EV.

Be honest about this play with yourself. It'll be worth it in the long run. Don't just get defensive b/c some people are berating on this thread. I'm sincerely sorry that they have. Don't get me wrong, it was funny, but they still shouldn't have done it.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't just get defensive b/c some people are berating on this thread. I'm sincerely sorry that they have. Don't get me wrong, it was funny, but they still shouldn't have done it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is a real problem with 2+2ers... it's a bit of a shame.

EDIT: But then again, I knew what I was doing when I posted this "bad beat" post... I've been around long enough to know that I was going to get slated...

sammy_g
08-19-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Against the hands almost all opponents would play this way, you do not have any equity edge. Even against bad players, you're usually going to see big pairs and hands like AK when all the money goes in preflop.

If you've seen these two guys move in with garbage several times preflop, then maybe you have an edge. But it's really not that great even against random hands. (And you didn't say that in your original post.)

08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words: you're dreaming.

Sorry, couldn't resist being flip back atcha. In all seriousness, there is no way you should have seen this situation as an equity situation. You have been reraised by a fish and another one cold-called.

Again, as it turns out, in this one hand, you may have been getting the right odds. But against two players representing solid hands, long run your play is definitely incorrect.

Look, don't get me wrong, I am all in favor of making reads against fishy players and then backing them (reraised a maniac all in last night with TT b/c I was sure his original play was a steal). But your hand was a serious underdog to any two decent hands. You should have recognized that and folded.

As one of the other posters in this thread noted, your primary equity in this case comes from the fact that they were sharing the ten. NO WAY ANYONE makes that read.

JihadOnTheRiver
08-19-2005, 02:10 PM
This was not a bad beat. This was a poor play on your part. Please don't clutter the forums with this crap.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't clutter the forums with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu. go kill yourself.

08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
When it comes right down to it, if you did have a great read on your opponents and you knew you had the equity advantage, then it was a great move. I think the problem that most of us are having is that it's very hard to believe that you could read anyone that well. If you find yourself in a situation where 4 people have committed 10BB pre-flop, you have AQo, and you can read them well enough to disregard all the strength they're showing to "know" that AQo is the best hand (on an online table with no physical tells!), you're a lot better at reading players than me.

The only way I could see you being that sure is if these guys had been committing that much money pre-flop every time for at least the last 5+ consecutive hands (so you could legitimately assume they're playing any two). If that's the case, then you left out that important detail in your original post. If not, then I don't see how you could be so sure, no matter how fishy you think they were. Even fish catch a hand once in awhile. If you're sitting at a 6-handed table and are dealt AQo, there is about a 30% chance that at least one of your opponents was dealt a better hand (any pair, AK, AQs). When you have 4 people willing to commit 10BB pre-flop, that percentage jumps astronomically.

BigF
08-19-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't even have a 50% chance of winning:

Hand 1: 46.7502 % { AhQs }
Hand 2: 31.3740 % { JcTc }
Hand 3: 21.8758 % { Ts8s }

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is?

Don't get me wrong. I think OP is crap.

BZ_Zorro
08-19-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And your point is?

[/ QUOTE ]
My point, sir, is that as a bad beat post, this sucks. Here's one with AQ that doesn't suck, so you can see the difference:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 ($28.90)
Hero ($25)
MP1 ($26.25)
MP2 ($39.45)
MP3 ($9.75)
CO ($22.61)
Button ($22.35)
SB ($101.48)
BB ($7.47)
UTG ($8.72)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.35) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, MP2 calls $2, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($10.35) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls $15.35 (All-In), Hero calls $10.35.

River: ($49.05) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $49.05

Hero has Ah Qd (high card, ace).
Button has 7s 8s (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Button wins $49.05.

This has all the elements of an epic bad beat: a great read, a masterful check/raise, a frustrated push by a frustrated villain, a heroic call, and finally, tragedy on the river. I hope OP is taking note.

If he just wanted to point out how stupid the fish are at Party, this is a much better example:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($27.85)
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($23.55)
UTG+2 ($25)
MP1 ($26.63)
MP2 ($8.35)
MP3 ($130.68)
CO ($40.21)
Button ($4.20)
SB ($28.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2</font>, MP2 calls $2, MP3 calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.1</font>, UTG calls $8.10, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $7.85, MP1 calls $24.63 (All-In), MP2 calls $6.35 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero calls $19.50 (All-In), UTG calls $16.65 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $16.65 (All-In).

Flop: ($115.18) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 5 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($115.18) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 5 all-in)</font>

River: ($115.18) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 5 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $115.18

Results
Hero has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
UTG has Ks As (one pair, aces).
UTG+2 has Ts Ac (two pair, aces and tens).
MP1 has Jd Js (one pair, jacks).
MP2 has 7h Jc (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins $110.60. Hero wins $4.21.

OP: Please take note.

P.S. If anyone wants to give me sympathy, feel free.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
UTG has Ks As (one pair, aces).
UTG+2 has Ts Ac (two pair, aces and tens).
MP1 has Jd Js (one pair, jacks).
MP2 has 7h Jc (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins $110.60. Hero wins $4.21.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh.

2Fast2Furious
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
even 6-handed is AQo really something to push that hard with esp. with short stacks in play? shortest stack at table reraised you, then went all-in and you pushed with A-Q o which at best a 55-45 dog to any wired pair

IamLeach
08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Wow Zorro, i feel bad for you on that second hand but i still laughed my ass off.

Larimani
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM

jedi
08-19-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. 3 people all-in pre-flop and none with a premium hand.

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm getting in on this because this just pissed me off and making other people see it will make me feel better. First [censored] hand at the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($41.55)
CO ($49.45)
Button ($22.35)
SB ($48.90)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($9.15)
UTG+1 ($8.50)
MP1 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $6</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, UTG+1 calls $7 (All-In), MP2 calls $7.

Turn: ($36.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36.5</font>, MP2 calls $22.05 (All-In).

River: ($100.80) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $100.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9s Tc (straight, ten high).
UTG+1 has Ah Jh (one pair, sevens).
MP2 has 6s 7s (full house, sevens full of sixes).
Outcome: MP2 wins $92.35. Hero wins $8.45. </font>

And I knew I was toast the second that 7 hiton the river.

Miles Ahead
08-19-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This has all the elements of an epic bad beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really or was this sarcasm (if sarcasm, you can ignore the rest)?

Your villain had a double belly buster on the flop, holding 87, with J95 on the board (needing a 6 or a 10). Obviously his decision to bet the draw for value on the flop wasn't necessarily bad, and worked to perfection when you and MP2 just called. On the turn your CR was kind of weak -- it put $23.35 in the pot on the turn when the action was back to him to call the paltry sum of $5. With implied odds it was close enough to call. I think moving all-in was a little strange, but until then he played his draw OK, no?

poboy
08-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Why would you even consider this a bad beat? AA losing to AK is a bad beat, having someone catch a 2 outer on the river is a bad beat. This is not a bad beat at all, in fact you were the underdog. This was just a badly misplayed hand(by everyone involved), nothing more nothing less. As others have already pointed out, you are being results oriented. When one or two people disagree with you, you might be right. However when several people tell you that this was badly played, you really should listen instead of becoming defensive and trying to rationalize your play. JMO

yvesaint
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
thanks i never realized fish were stupid this post has made me see the light i will never doubt you again