PDA

View Full Version : 30 hornets vs 30,000 bees, who wins?

jokerthief
08-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Video (http://thatvideosite.com/view/238.html)

Luzion
08-19-2005, 03:16 AM
i would put my money on the hornets, since it seems less obvious

and Im sad that the video doesnt go longer so we can see what happens

ucfryan
08-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Epic.

Senor Cardgage
08-19-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? It seemed to cover pretty much everything.

Your video might not have fully loaded.

AllIn3High
08-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Awesome. But what I'd really like to see was:

"30 Carpal \'Tunnel's vs. 30.000 bees, who wins?"

I wonder how many bees Clarkmeister could devour in 3 hrs.

chuddo
08-19-2005, 03:23 AM
"the ground is thick with severed bee heads" - my favorite line.

i too once attacked a hive of 30,000 bees in an attempt to plunder some honey and delicious bee larvae to feed my young.

however i was stung once on the ankle, ran to safety, and hucked a few rocks at them.

Luzion
08-19-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? It seemed to cover pretty much everything.

Your video might not have fully loaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are right. I watched this video before in Ebaums, and that video was always cut short. I just assumed this video was gonna be the same, without an ending.

I just watched the link. Thanks for the full video!!!

nothumb
08-19-2005, 03:46 AM
I don't get it. You're telling me not one of those 30,000 bees managed to sting a hornet? That's crazy.

NT

08-19-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm guessing that the bees weren't able to pierce the hornets exoskeleton. Those were some huge hornets BTW and ugly.

CrashPat
08-19-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. You're telling me not one of those 30,000 bees managed to sting a hornet? That's crazy.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

If you listened to the voice you would know that this is not true. It mentioned that they had but the sheer size of the hornet overpowered the bees.

This is not really a fair fight, I don't think it is that different than the "how many 5 year olds" arguement. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Spaded
08-19-2005, 05:21 AM
I was expecting an aerial dogfight. Most of the bees were just sitting there, waiting to die. If they all swarmed the hornets all at once, the bees would kill the hornets, no problem! Just weigh them down and bite their wings off.

BusterStacks
08-19-2005, 07:41 AM
wow, nobody posted the huge pile of cow poop. OOT has jumped the shark.

Lazymeatball
08-19-2005, 08:08 AM
I saw a special on National Geographic one time about these giant hornets of japan. The things are at least three inches long. At the beginning of the video they showed how one hornet spotted the bee hive and marked it with a scent trail.

Apparently there is one species of bee that lures the scouting hornet into the hive and then in a flash the entire colony of bees engulfs the hornet and begins vibrating like mad to increase their body temperature. Apparently the bees can tolerate higher temperatures than these hornets so once they get up to 105F or so the hornet just roasts and dies. Since the scout never returns to the hornets nests, the bee colony survives. It was a pretty cool show.

CrazyEyez
08-19-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, nobody posted the huge pile of cow poop. OOT has jumped the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha
From the thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2758937&Fo rum=,,,f20,,,&Words=bees&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Mai n=2758937&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterang e=1&newerval=6&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post2758937) in June (same topic):
"Hope its not a steaming pile of cow dung"
"Dung might be incoming as I've seen it before"
"Yeah its cowdung"