PDA

View Full Version : Floped tripps, Turned quads, Played wrong??

08-19-2005, 03:12 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

MP1 (t620)
MP2 (t2150)
MP3 (t1470)
CO (t1430)
Button (t1430)
SB (t1480)
Hero (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1920)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t20, UTG+1 calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t20, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t120) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t60</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t140</font>, UTG calls t140, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (t460) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t260</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t720

08-19-2005, 03:20 AM
After you hit quads just pray he has a poket or he hit that 9. He MIGHT of been on a crazy flush draw and didnt want to continue becaues its ez to make a boat.

Thers no cards that can beat you (unlses he has 99) so i might just check and hope he bluffs.

08-19-2005, 03:23 AM
I just figgured by checking I reveal to much inforatmion

MegaBet
08-19-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way in the world he can put you on quads. Check it and hope he catches his flush /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jedinite
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience a lot of people regard you checking the turn after you've been called on the flop as they've picked off a bluff - that you were leading out trying to pick up the pot. Very few people will figure you for quads on the turn.

I check the turn here, and then lead with a value bet on the river if he checked the turn and the river was a blank.

08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I would have checked or bet 60 or 140 on the turn.

08-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Give him a free river card and hope that he pairs something higher than the 9 on the board. If he does, you get paid off, if he doesn't he'll likely fold or maybe bluff, which would be your best case scenario in this situation.

jedi
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience a lot of people regard you checking the turn after you've been called on the flop as they've picked off a bluff - that you were leading out trying to pick up the pot. Very few people will figure you for quads on the turn.

I check the turn here, and then lead with a value bet on the river if he checked the turn and the river was a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero check raised the flop, he didn't lead out. That screams TRIPS to me. The case 7 hitting the turn doesn't make anything better for villain and gives hero quads if he in fact did flop trips.. Checking seems too suspicious, but you might as well let villain bluff at the pot. I don't think you can get any more out of this hand.

08-19-2005, 01:06 PM
I dunno what stakes these are, but I don't like your flop play. I think check-raises on a paired flop represent trips quite blatantly at any level. I don't know what he called with, but I assume he wasn't happy about doing it--maybe a draw, maybe a stubborn 9. I suggest leading out to look more like a bluff, 9, or draw. Then, you can check the turn looking like a draw that's very not happy, and take your time calling if he bluffs /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Given that you made the flop play, you should check the turn because you've got the hand locked (unless he's got 99 or a straight-flush draw, but I think we can take our chances there /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and flush/straight draws can't call here. There's really no reason to bet, and while the odds of you getting much outta this aren't good given your flop play, checking's the way to go IMHO.

jedinite
08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[Hero check raised the flop, he didn't lead out. That screams TRIPS to me. The case 7 hitting the turn doesn't make anything better for villain and gives hero quads if he in fact did flop trips.. Checking seems too suspicious, but you might as well let villain bluff at the pot. I don't think you can get any more out of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, needed to look closer at the HH.

I agree with Jedi here, you look much more suspicious having already tried the CR but hopefully some people are going to still think you were trying to run a bluff CR and lead at you one more time.