PDA

View Full Version : catheterized? anyone?

chuddo
08-19-2005, 02:50 AM
the kidney stones thread made me recall this experience.

anyone else had the pleasure?
http://www.cryobiosystem-imv.com/images/PMA/catheter.gif

jokerthief
08-19-2005, 02:51 AM
AHAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH!@#$$@%^&&((#&@%%$!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I've kind of made it a life goal to never have anything other than urine come out of my peehole and never have anything go up there either.

chuddo
08-19-2005, 03:02 AM
thats no way to live my friend.

imported_anacardo
08-19-2005, 03:02 AM
What about, i'unno, jizz?

Rearden
08-19-2005, 03:43 AM
This Summer.
Testicular Cancer.
For about a week in the hospital after my second surgery I basically couldnt get up and moving to use the rest facilities... was on IVs.. etc etc (also had a surgical scar from my chest down to a bit below my belt line). I'm happy that the end result was me being cancer free.... yet I'm sad that it had to include such a device as a foley catheter for urine elimination :-(

08-19-2005, 03:46 AM
oh my god. I hope I never go through something like that. Were you awake for the catheter procedure ?

Rearden
08-19-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh my god. I hope I never go through something like that. Were you awake for the catheter procedure ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Myself, no... I was under for surgery for about 4 hours (they removed lymph nodes near my kidneys.. so they had to move organs to get back there.. hence the badass scar)... when I came out I'll admit I knew I would wake up with it already in place but I was so sedated that I didnt fully notice until the next morning when I went to sit up for a bit. (It wasnt too bad in place really and I was out during the placement and on heavy pain medicine injections when it was removed days later. Besides, I was thinking about other things at the time so it wasnt a big deal)

chuddo
08-19-2005, 04:01 AM
i have had it done twice to me sadly.

the first time i was in ICU and was doped up on the maximum amount of morphine my body could handle for a long period of time.

one effect of this was that even though my bladder was so full i just couldn't piss.

it got to the point where it was making my body so uncomfortable that i couldn't sleep or relax despite all of the morphine.

so after trying to finally go for the 50th time, i gave in and said "just do it."

they offered me a choice between having a male or female insert it. i didn't have the time or mindset to weigh the pros and cons of each option, so i simply told them i didn't care.

you could not imagine the relief and happiness i felt at having a long thick tube inserted up my urethra into my bladder. they actually had to change the bag because i was so full.

having it removed at a later time however is a completely different story. with less morphine in my veins and more importantly the necessity of needing it gone, it was "completely and utterly terrible" to say the least.

basically when it was removed i fully expected to look down and see myself missing my johnson.

08-19-2005, 04:10 AM
Ok, so was it a female or male ? And what was wrong with you ? DETAILS , geez. Did your johnson work afterwards ?

chuddo
08-19-2005, 04:18 AM
male in. female out. if i remember correctly.

and the johnson works just fine.

newfant
08-19-2005, 04:21 AM
I am never reading one of your threads again. Jesus.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-19-2005, 05:39 AM
Oh yeah, that stuff too.

Brian
08-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Yea, I had one stuck up my peehole when I was 9 after having my appendix taken out. I was not sedated in any way and still remember the pain to this day. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Brian

MrMoo
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Yep. Got in a car accident. Asked them to kill me instead of putting it in.

They stuck something similar in my belly button as well. That one hurt even more. Not being put in. But the after effect. It felt like my insides were being sucked out of me.

Mars357
08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I had to put one in myself daily for two weeks, then every other day for two weeks, then twice a week for six months.

The purpose was to keep my plumbing from closing up after a particularly bad kidney stone surgery.... scar tissue closed off my plumbing, Dr. had to go in and bore it out, then I had to the cath for six months to keep it from closing up again...pure hell!! I did it in the shower and it hurt like a bastard!

Mars