PDA

View Full Version : poker utah nevada border

beberesh
04-01-2003, 06:47 PM
any poker utah nevada border. how far from park city?

Ray Zee
04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
they play in wendover.

HDPM
04-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah, Ray is right even if he doesn't come visit. Rainbow in Wendover is the place. Right on the border. I have not been down there in a while tho.

scalf
04-01-2003, 08:05 PM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif stuffed bear in winnemucca tho...gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

HDPM
04-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Stuffed bear is in Elko, just 120 miles from Wendover, which is just 120 miles from SLC. So only 240 miles from SLC to stuffed bear. Now both you and z have to come visit.:p

scalf
04-01-2003, 08:11 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif lol..lol..real hard..all we ned now is a reprint of spm's bathrom treatise..no do not...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

HDPM
04-02-2003, 02:36 AM
Where oh where is SPM? I need a dose of SPM. Unless it's regarding bathrooms or the towels used therein.

Ray Zee
04-02-2003, 03:40 PM
second hand smoke is my reason for not going to these places. recently helena mt. passed a no smoking rule and found in six months heart attack rates went down 50% in the area of the closeures. outside those areas in the county it stayed the same. i dont need to breath someones smoke after it leaves their mouths or before. thats my life decision. i do violate it sometimes but always regret doing so. i am not dying to play poker.

HDPM
04-02-2003, 04:46 PM
I saw that study and unless there's more info it is flawed. That is not to say that second hand smoke is not a problem or you should not avoid it. Just that I think you are more likely to suffer a heart attack seeing how I play poker than you are to suffer one because of the second hand smoke in Wendover. (To say nothing of how Bill Murphy plays his favorite hand.) The room there does allow smoking, but the new ventilation system helps a lot. If you get next to a smoker though there is no escaping it of course.

Ray Zee
04-02-2003, 08:03 PM
so you are saying that something else is more likely to give you a heart attack so then its okay to do what gives a smaller chance. if you are a non smoker why on earth would you subject yourself to that when there are other alternatives. even if it doesnt kill you right now, it does hurt long term and makes you stink. for some its something worth putting up with, me its a no no.

DanS
04-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi Ray,
I really like your views on smoking, but how the hell did you put up with the smoke at Binion's in the '70s during WSOP times? That must have been BRUTAL!

Dan

brad
04-02-2003, 08:21 PM
actually that reminds me ive read where particulates can trigger a heart attack or something like that.

just putting my 2 cents that this 50% reduction in heart attack thing may jive with other stuff.

andyfox
04-02-2003, 09:09 PM
The biggest cause of heart disease in poker rooms is limping.

Jimbo
04-02-2003, 11:00 PM
"The biggest cause of heart disease in poker rooms is limping." lmao /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ray Zee
04-03-2003, 02:45 PM
i played during all the bad smoking years and hated it. i would move seats and pass on games where i was stuck between smokers. my dream was to have smoking outlawed in cardrooms. so i kinda quit playing as i saw many of my old friends dying from cancer and heart attacks in their 50's and 60's. matter of fact almost all of them were dropping like flies. so i stopped going to smoking places. then california went non smoking. what a dream. but by then i got to liking not playing so much and doing more constructive things with my life. now when i play i fly to california, and play only a little bit per year in big no limit games when i can find them.